radiator temp

pearl95lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
trying to solve overheating problem. removed fan so i could get to radiator and ran car.soon as thermostat opened i used raytek gun to check radiator temp bottom of radiator ranges from 80 to 120 and top is 170 to 200 shouldnt it be consitsant throughout?

It should have a diferental tem,p reading going from left to right. If its a stock radeator and you have over 125 on it chances are you just need a new one. My other one kept over heating and nothing fixed it till I replaced the radator even though it wasnt leaking. Did you get all the air out of it? Open at the crossover tube with the engine running and burp it all out and do the test again.

Why would it be consistent? Hot coolant pumped into the top, cold taken out the bottom. You will never see consistent temp because its a RADIATOR! :)

What temp tstat?

My car runs so much cooler ever since i put the 160 motorad in it.

Your car runs cooler with a 35 degree colder tstat no way :D

How does this car overheat, when you are going down the road, sitting in traffic, idling, around town driving?

i run a 160 thermostat in mine and as long as the fan is running it runs 30 degrees cooler next im going to wire a switch so i can run the fan when i want and not have to run the a/c on the highway it doesnt need the fan excellent mod helps transmission too

I had my chip burned to kick the fan on @ 190 with a 180 stat. Now after a year, my fan motor's dying!:mad: Thank god for the stock switch!

Members online

Back