rear pass side wheel making humming noise

02LS8Lincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
guys ive been reading these forums for a few weeks now, and ive come to the conclusion that the humming noise that my rear pass side wheel is doing has to do with the hub. Now my questions are as follows..... do i have to replace the complete hub or just the bearings??? and how much should this cost??? also will my regular mechanic be able to fix this??? should i buy the hub and have him replace it?????

I had the drivers rear bearing fail at 28k under warranty. When it was fixed the dealer replaced the entire "knuckle" assembly, though i do recall seeing a bearing listed somewhere.....There is a lot to the rear suspension, honestly i have not gotten into it more than that.

the rear knuckle has a bearing pressed into the knuckle and the hub is pressed into the center race of the wheel bearing. the axle slides into the center of the hub and is pulled in with a big multi piece axle nut. i took the knuckles off and took em to the ford dealer with the bearings i bought online and they pressed em for $40ea

i got the rear bearings at rockauto.com for $23ea.+ shipping. rockauto part #511032

i also got new axle nuts at parts.com for $12pr.+ shipping. its called a rear axle retainer nut. drill down the menu to rear suspension/brake components/retainer nut

Members online

No members online now.
Back