Remote Start Wire Color

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
I am putting a Viper R/S on and I had the print out for the color codes of the wires, but have misplaced it. I was wondering if anyone knew the color of the tach wire and where it is located.
Thanks

you can run the tach wire out to the engine bay and tap off of one of the fuel injector wires. Ill get you the color off of my 04 later today.

for an 03 this is what I have;

Tachometer; Brown or Brown/stripe; AC; and its located at any ignition coil or fuel injector

Heres what it shows also for a 2000;

Tachometer; VIOLET/BLUE; (AC); INJECTOR FAR LEFT SIDE 1 CYL SETTING

a dumb question

My brain is fried from trying to get this going- Is the cylinder I am looking for the on the left side while looking at the V8.
Thanks

Can you not go techless? My Crimestopper remote starter I put on works fine and has no tach lead hooked up.

you can do tachless, but sometimes you get problems when it does voltage sensing for the winter cold weather. you should be able to find it at an injector, the easiest one to get to is on the passenger side closest to the firewall. thats all assuming you have a 2000-2002 Lincoln LS. you can look at two of the injectors and this is what you can possibly see, ex. injector one black wire and blue wire, injector two black wire and green wire. you wont tap off the black wire because that is common between the injectors and doesnt have the RPM AC on it, so you grab the opposite wire color. I hope this helps.

Found it, hopefully that gets the thing to start!
Thanks

Members online

Back