Replace all the speakers?

buddyleee5

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 2003 ls with the factory 6 disk speaker system and i want to install an alpine cda 9856. I went to bestbuy to see if they could instal it, and they told me that in order to put the aftermarket headunit in the car i would have to bypass the rear amp and i would have to replace all the speakers in the car. Is this True? i wasnt planning on letting best buy instal my deck i just wanted to see what they had to say. is it possible just to put the deck in and not by pass the rear amp and keep the factory speakers?

ya its definatly possible... i dont kno how haha but i kno guys on here have aftermarket decks with the factory speakers still in... theres no way you would have to replace the factory speakers just to get an aftermarket deck... they are prolly just making you try and buy the speakers from them...

I know nothing about the factory amp, haven't even seen it... but technically, if it works in the same way as a regular one, technically couldn't you just get a cheap 4 channel amp and replace the factory one? Then, run the required RCA cables up to the head unit. Am I wrong?

michaelanezinis said:
let me know if you want to sell your 6 disk head unit. I want to replace my cd/cass. headunit in my '06 LS.
You'd probably be better off going to an aftermarket unit or an '05 or '06 head unit. Lincoln changed the wiring harness for the stereo system in mid-'04, so swapping head units from before and after is a non-trivial job. Apparently, there's no adapter to connect a pre-change head unit to a post-change harness (and vice versa), and the connectors are made of pure unobtanium...

michaelanezinis said:
let me know if you want to sell your 6 disk head unit. I want to replace my cd/cass. headunit in my '06 LS.

I have the in dash 6 disc unit from my 2004 I might be willing to get rid of.

How much does the 6 CD changer cost? I'm thinking it was like $900? or so, but I'm not 100% sure.

well there is a builtinamp in the deck and a few pre amps,so NO,you dont need to by pass the amp in the rear

Members online

No members online now.
Back