Replacing rotors and pads on 02 LS

burnindank

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am an automotive technology student that needs to change my pads and most likely rotors on my 02 ls 3.9L V8. I have never done this before but am very capable of completing this task with the right instructions. If someone could help me out id really appreciate it!!

Plenty of info available if you search.

The only thing you'll need is a brake caliper tool to compress and rotate the rear caliper pistons. Other than that, it's like any other brake job. 12mm slide pin bolts, 15mm bracket bolts. Enjoy.

do your self a favor and buy new slide pins and boots, chances are that you have one or more that are torn or about to tear and then you'll have a frozen pin, and they aint no fun to unfreeze!

My boots were fine, still had a frozen pin. They're not a perfect seal and rust isn't instant

almost every ford brake job I've ever done, have had a torn boot and a froze pin

No problem, it's not really complicated to change them with instructions, but some basic tech skills are required. Check out this how-to, it's covering pretty much all steps: How To Replace Disc Brake Pads

Members online

Back