Results for Race

2002_LS_V8

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i raced that kid in a jetta and i should have a video up soon... unless he decides not to show the world how he got beat lol :cool:

Anyways we did 4 races off the line and i won 2 and lost 2, the ones i lost was because he always left on red lol but i cought him by 90 mph but i still give him the win since i finish 1/4 mile by 92 mph so he wins i guess... but i know my car is faster by 1/2 to 1 car to 100 if we both go even because i beat him 2 times when we did it even...

Another 2 races that we did were from 45 roll... From roll he jumps out a little by half a car until around 70 when i start pulling on him hard (kind of) and by 120 i have abour 2 cars on him on both races... THE VIDEO SHOULD BE UP SOON :shifty:

By the way if we start from 60 mph race i just pull hard up to 120 where i shut down due to my governor... V8's kill on rolling heheh ;)

BigSteve said:
Did you end up doing anything to your car for the race? Removing weight, etc.?

Nope only thing that i did was have like 1/4 of a tank of gas :cool:, i was gonna do the intake modification but didnt realy have time because the guy calld me in the middle of the day to go race him :shifty: instead of at night like i wanted.. but that was so its easier to see the race on the camara tho :)

What did I tell you...:D These V8s pull harder than any 4 banger could. Even the STI Subaru, if you had the equivelent to its weight/power ratio we would kill it!

J3FF said:
What did I tell you...:D These V8s pull harder than any 4 banger could. Even the STI Subaru, if you had the equivelent to its weight/power ratio we would kill it!

uh.. what? you could beat an enzo if you have the equivelent or better weight/power ratio

i wouldn't sell the jetta short.. the 1.8t engine is far superior to our little v8. congrats on your wins though.

didnt say better...V8s just pull harder is all Im saying. Hell if you even got within 5 second 0-60 range you'd beat the STI in the long run. I think quick said something about his fastest time being 13.9 in quarter mile...Quick, how much power was in the thing 350 Horses??

governer at 120?? my v6 5sp 00sport did 140 the other day, I don't belive it goes much faster.
Eamonn

J3FF said:
didnt say better...V8s just pull harder is all Im saying. Hell if you even got within 5 second 0-60 range you'd beat the STI in the long run. I think quick said something about his fastest time being 13.9 in quarter mile...Quick, how much power was in the thing 350 Horses??

again, no. the boxster engine is also far superior.. just b/c it's 4cyl does not mean it doesn't pull top end, an sti has a much higher top speed than the LS.

don't even bother comparing the two.

Quick got 13.9 with NOS but i'll be interested to see how the SC changes things.

hockey930 said:
governer at 120?? my v6 5sp 00sport did 140 the other day, I don't belive it goes much faster.
Eamonn
yea man for some reason the car is governed at 120 i think its bull:q:q:q:q :shifty: maybe teh dealer had it governed? im gonna go down and try to talk them into removing the damn thing..

oh and im not 100% sure if that guy will post the video because he lost.. thats ricers for u lol...

hockey930 said:
Eamonn

Mines governed at 140, I know for a fact.

hockey930 said:
Eamonn

J3FF said:
Mines governed at 140, I know for a fact.

That's interesting, awesome actually. I remembered this post from a while back of the engineering changes that had been made over the years and that in 02 the governors were reduced to 132 MPH in V8 models...hockey930 did see yours was a V6.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=18861

Not had a chance to test mine out yet, but I think I'll have to find out sometime after seeing this.

I raced last night a Infiniti M45 on my way home and i made him read my license plate but i think he needed binoculars hahaha come to think of it I am one stock

I beat a V6 firebird w/ exhaust and intake and a '95-'98 4.6L mustang, the race was questionable due to interference but I still think I beat him. I'm gettin the Xcal this week...hehe...we'll see what happens then.

Nice job man!

My 01 V6 sport auto cuts at 135 mph, I have tried several times, not recently though.

Sometimes I think these computers aren't all the same. It's more like 139, but It's close right?

most cars are off 2-3 mph on the speedo at 65....so at 130 you could be off 4-6 mph. so 140 might really be 134...

NICE work 2002 LS V8! I am excited to see this video of the race.

-Scott-

i raced a jag xk8 a while back i topped at 147 he topped at around 160. although we stayed together till i topped

Usually, the speed limiter is set at the factory in accordance with the tires it was shipped with. The higher the speed rating of the tires it was ordered with, the higher the mph before it shuts down.

hockey930 said:
Eamonn
Had mine up to 142 a while ago and hadn't hit the limiter before backing off, but who knows what the spedo error is at that point.

ohioLS said:
NICE work 2002 LS V8! I am excited to see this video of the race.

-Scott-
there probobly wont be a video :( but ill try and get it out of the fuker, if he won it would be all over the internet lol

Members online

Back