Results for SCT Flash , PCM FLASHER?

Can this be done for the V6 as well or is it a totally different deal?

EDIT: I contacted the vendor about the V6. Ill post his reply here.

Yes - it is only dependant on if your PCM version is part of their 'cracked' database.

Improvemnt to the V6 is marginal even with aftermarket exhaust and upgraded air box/filter. The V6 will feel a bit more spirited but I would wait till the SC for the V6 is released then it will come in very handy.

This is not my humble opinion; I actually had my car on the dyno and road tested with the SCT Flasher. Plus the shift points on the car really need to be improved for this mod to be effective and last time I heard not much ground had been gained.

that about 9hp+ engine - which is close to adding an intake or ehuast on the V6.

Considering that the programming is not perfected the owner should expect to pay a 25 dollar per additional flash it just does not seem like a viable mod for the street. If you are trying to beat some personal times on the track it might be worth the 325 + dollars.

I have upgraded the air intake and exhaust and will eventually move to the flasher but only when the SC hits the maket. If the shift points can be cleaned up right it would abslutely be worth the money. all the HP in the world is useless without a transmission that is going to send it to the wheel right. Hopefully all of this will be worked out before the SC hits the market for the V6. The phrase beat it to fit and paint it to match comes to mind when I think about perfomances mods for the LS6.

Keep in mind I am only commenting on the V6; I do not have any information nor opinions on the V8 because I do not own one.

for the V8 - w/exhaust and intake - a gain of 19rwhp for $325 was a steal.

also removed the rev limiter in N and P, changed the shift oints and shifting firmness.

Granted Torrie had not done much tuning on the V6 either so the potential for more HP could be in the PCM somewhere. We only spent about 4 hours on my car so I guess it will take someone that is willing to spend a few hundred extra bux to reach higher numbers.

There si no doubt that the system works I am only questioning cost justification based on the results for the V6.

19rwhp in addition to the increase from exhaust and intake? What are you at over stock now?

i wish i wasn't slow in buying this. i'm racing a chipped 1.8 jetta this weekend and i think i'm going to get taken.

Motts said:
1.8t jetta?
I work at a VW dealership and let me tell you........those 1.8T's are sloooooooooow. No matter the chip in them, they have a huge turbo lag. I am almost certain that an LS will beat a 1.8T. Plus, its a jetta. What's the word im looking for???? oh yeah, yuppie car. lol Tell him to take his car back to suburbia and hang out with his yuppie friends. I'm assuming after the race, he'll go to the local starbucks and sip a double mocha latte. Then after that, him and his friends might hit up the local IKEA store and pick out a new stripe pattern for their beddings. After all that is said and done, they might......just might.......go hang out at the beach in their polos and their dockers. Who knows?

he'll beat you off the line.... but you'll catch him by bout 40-50 and just blow him away

DLS8K said:
I work at a VW dealership and let me tell you........those 1.8T's are sloooooooooow. No matter the chip in them, they have a huge turbo lag. I am almost certain that an LS will beat a 1.8T. Plus, its a jetta. What's the word im looking for???? oh yeah, yuppie car. lol Tell him to take his car back to suburbia and hang out with his yuppie friends. I'm assuming after the race, he'll go to the local starbucks and sip a double mocha latte. Then after that, him and his friends might hit up the local IKEA store and pick out a new stripe pattern for their beddings. After all that is said and done, they might......just might.......go hang out at the beach in their polos and their dockers. Who knows?
:gr_hail:

Motts said:
he'll beat you off the line.... but you'll catch him by bout 40-50 and just blow him away

nope -

him - 3155lbs 180hp 173ft-lbs 0-60 10.5sec
LS V8 - 3692lbs 252hp 261ft-lbs 0-60 6.89sec
LS V8 - 3526lbs 210hp 220ft-lbs 0-60 7.49sec

the LS has twice the displacement.

we'll see, i'm not too quick to judge as i've seen lightly modded 1.8t's run some pretty decent times.

i'm kinda excited for the result.

I heard back from Torrie. He said that all he needs is the VIN or PCM info to see if it can be done for the V6.

right - he needs to know your current PCM code to see if it's part of the 'crack' database. If it is - then he can take that base code and add tuning to it.

Members online

Back