RUST!!!!!! How the F@#k??????

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my LS in 2002. I noticed the spot on the driverside door speaker grille. Thought it was a coffee stain. I was able to scrub and make it go away. About two years ago, I noticed it was back. Since I wasn't showing the LS anymore. It wasn't an issue.

I plan t start showing again this year. I decided to take the grille off and take care of the issue. What I found was crazy. All four door speaker grilles are rusting from the inside out.

I manage to find, paint, and install all new speaker grilles. The grilles cost $8 for all four. They were tan. So I painted them lite graphite to match my interior.

LS grilles 1.jpg

LS grille 2.jpg

LS grille 3.jpg

LS grille 4.jpg

I primed, painted and cleared the new grilles. Hope that solves the problem.

it has to do with everything in the door get moist from water slipping through the seals, kinda annoying, but it happens to pretty much every car

it has to do with everything in the door get moist from water slipping through the seals, kinda annoying, but it happens to pretty much every car

no crap, to bad they dont do reviews after a few years, and then let us bring our cars back to get these issues fixed for free, oh yeah, theyre called recalls, lol but unfortunately the ls slipped by lol

well usually a bunch of people have to get killed or seriously hurt before a recall will be issued, other wise they would just pay for the few lawsuits, i dont think anybody is getting killed over a little rust!

well usually a bunch of people have to get killed or seriously hurt before a recall will be issued, other wise they would just pay for the few lawsuits, i dont think anybody is getting killed over a little rust!

no but why take that chance lol

Lincoln LS rust warrenty: "Covers body sheet metal panels against corrosion due to a defect in factory-supplied materials and workmanship. Corrosion coverage (which lasts for 5 years, regardless of miles driven) only applies if
the corrosion causes perforation (holes) in body sheet metal panels. If corrosion does not cause perforation (holes), and is not the result of usage and/or environmental conditions. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) - where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty -our policy is to cover paint damage due to airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first."

Lincoln LS rust warrenty: "Covers body sheet metal panels against corrosion due to a defect in factory-supplied materials and workmanship. Corrosion coverage (which lasts for 5 years, regardless of miles driven) only applies if
the corrosion causes perforation (holes) in body sheet metal panels. If corrosion does not cause perforation (holes), and is not the result of usage and/or environmental conditions. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) - where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty -our policy is to cover paint damage due to airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first."

Yeah, basically it says that if the body panels rust it is covered - but only if the rust isn't caused by iron oxidation.

Hey look at it this way.... Eventually your perceived problem will result in free weight reduction thus making your LS that much faster. ;)

Thank you for pointing out the rust..... Now i've noticed it on my car....

Members online

No members online now.
Back