Safety Recall 05S28 on my 98 Mark VIII

lfo734

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I got this letter in the mail last year and another last weak. Its for a safety recall on a component in the speed control system that could risk a potential under hood fire. Does any one have some info. on this, and is it something that needs my attention A.S.A.P....

and when you get back home look under there to make sure they actually did do the recall................ :shifty:

GO, GO NOW!!!! FIRE BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! (bad Arnold voice)
and hell yeah watch them do it (its in the front of the right front wheel well on a 98 :))

I asked the tech if he knew where it was... gave me a look like ummm duh.... and then went over to the comp to look up how to do it... lol

Nice, The letter emphasizes the importance of having this repaired even if the key is not in the ignition!! WOW And I'm not even driving it now, I have it stored for the winter....MICHIGAN WINTERS SUCK!! Pot holes suck!!

If the battery's disconnected since you're storing it, you should be OK waiting until you're driving it again.

No electricity = no fire .... but I'd make the Ford dealer a first stop when you get it out of storage!

and when you get back home look under there to make sure they actually did do the recall................ :shifty:

After mine was done I saw a tie wrap hanging down under the front of the right wheel opening where the susp. compressor is located. I reomeved the fender liner and there was the fix. I pulled it up higher out of the water and debris and snugged it up with my own tie wrap.

Mines not done either and I did receive a letter... I better fix my trans first though.

93 is a pain!

I disconnected mine long ago.

Had 2 letters now.

Go to the Ford dealer... should be a 30-60min fix.

My 95 took the guy an hour to find the part.

Yes go watch them do it.

I asked the tech if he knew where it was... gave me a look like ummm duh.... and then went over to the comp to look up how to do it... lol

I had to show the guy where it was on my 95... Didn't want to believe me..

93 is a pain!

I disconnected mine long ago.

Had 2 letters now.

I wouldn't do the 93 myself that sucker is buried...

When they did mine they installed it at the brake pedal travel sensor. The plugs just happen to be the same!

I asked and they put it in the right place....

When they did mine they installed it at the brake pedal travel sensor. The plugs just happen to be the same!

I asked and they put it in the right place....

i remember that thread lolol poor unity, i wonder what else it can plug into.........:shifty:

So I finally got around to setting up an appointment to have this done on Monday. Mine's a 93. How long do I get to sit on my ass listening to elevator music while they do it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back