seat belt and air bag light

6700North

LVC Member
Reaction score
First of all, I really tried to search for an answer to my problem. Came up empty handed so now I'm throwing it out to my new friends on the forum. The seat belt light and air bag light comes on only when I have passengers in the back seat. This started after I packed the car full to take my daughter to school. Is there a connector somewhere in the trunk I could have disturbed? If I run a scan will a code come up to give me a hint? This is so annoying!

First of all, I really tried to search for an answer to my problem. Came up empty handed so now I'm throwing it out to my new friends on the forum. The seat belt light and air bag light comes on only when I have passengers in the back seat. This started after I packed the car full to take my daughter to school. Is there a connector somewhere in the trunk I could have disturbed? If I run a scan will a code come up to give me a hint? This is so annoying!

The connector is under the driver's seat. It is yellow and disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes before messing with it.

Wierd how it's only affected by when there are passengers in the back seats.

If that is the case, then one would assume there are sensors in the back seats as well.

@6700, did you read through the LS Owners Manual,
anything in there about rear passenger safety features ?

It's be cause they feet slides under the seat and moves the connector. You can one trace it down and repair it or do what I did got it in a spot where it would not ground out a tie strapped it to death so it's out of the way, and will not ground out when I move the seat up and down our rear passengers put their feet under the seat and disturb it.

Last edited:
It's be cause they feet slides under the seat and moves the connector. You can one trace it down and repair it or do what I did got it in a spot where it would not ground out a tie strapped it to death so it's out of the way, and will not ground out when I move the seat up and down our rear passengers put their feet under the seat and disturb it.

+1 on the feet disturb the connector.

who would have thunk ?

hi i could not figure out how to start a new post so i have to ask my question here i just tried to put in a new head and had to rewire the entire sound system and while doing that a power wire hit the cage and now my fuel gauge and my message center don't work and i already checked the fuses and there all good any ideas you guys can provide will be appreciated.

199275_1303038432462_7879458_n.jpg

hi i could not figure out how to start a new post so i have to ask my question here i just tried to put in a new head and had to rewire the entire sound system and while doing that a power wire hit the cage and now my fuel gauge and my message center don't work and i already checked the fuses and there all good any ideas you guys can provide will be appreciated.

Did you check all the fuses? Kick panel, under hood fuse panel, in trunk fuse panel.

Did you just look at them, or did you test them with a meter?

Edit: Sorry, I assumed you were asking about an LS. If not, half of my advice is invalid.

first post: check
thread jack completely off topic: check
wrong sub forum: check

that my friends is how you do it!

all joking aside, I would also recheck every single fuse (not just the ones listed for the cluster) in all of the fuse boxes, and thoroughly check them good, i have seen on many occasion where a fuse appeared to be good but was in fact bad.

i would also ask for help in the mark section of the forum, as some of them may have had experience with this problem first hand or have come across what the problem is and how to fix it.

Did you move the front seat forward to make room in the back? Might be the electrical connection from moving the seat and not feet kicking it.

Did you move the front seat forward to make room in the back? Might be the electrical connection from moving the seat and not feet kicking it.

It could be both, I remember I use to have to either let my seat all the way up and let it all the way back down and adjust the height from there. Once I had it set it was fine until I had a back seat passenger or something on the froor that could slide under the seat then the light will start flashing again. The tie strap method put the connector in a spot secured enough to not move. When the seat goes up and down or some ones feet slide to far underneath the seat. I read a post on here that actually tells you how to take the back of the seat off, and repair the wire where it is chaffed and grounding out on the seat frame.

Update: When my wife drives the car she runs the seat way up with no flashing or ringing. So I don't think it's the connection under the seat. I thought about my dilema after I posted and decided to open the trunk and release the seat backs to check for a sensor or something that would lead to an "ahha" moment. Didn't find a thing. Put the seats back up and haven't had anyone back there yet to test. I'll post after this weekend to let you know if the issue is still there.

Ive replaced my clock-spring a year ago, my horn,cruise control, steering wheel controls all still work I also checked the yellow connector and its plugged in as well, I checked this thread in refrence to the yellow connector

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=65259#post677384

I also believe that air bag light flashes the 3,2,3 code. I remember when I moved the seat foward the air bag light came on :mad:

Any suggestions? Sorry to post in your thread but i figured its some what relavent to your problems as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back