Send your dash trim pieces in for custom wood application! Great service!

2006kmls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
If you go www.woodtrimwarehouse.net they have a service where they will turn your steering wheel into a wood trimmed wheel. They even have an exchange program for steering wheels.

Also, you can send them any plastic dash trim pieces from your LS and they'll vacuum apply the same wood finish as the factory does! You don't need to buy a whole kit that "will look like a kit" after installed!

Most people wonder why the factory did not put more wood in the car. Especially on the console stack. Now you can just remove the 6 pieces of plastic trim on the console stack and send them in and what you get back is trim pieces vacuum wrapped in the same wood trim as Lincoiln uses.

I called two places and they send the trim to the same place that does it for the automotive OEM's. So it looks factory.

The cost is 90 cents a square inch. To do the shifter area and console stack would cost about $100.00.

main_int_4.jpg

is that not enough wood?

The LS would look better with 6 pieces of the center stack in wood as well. It would bring it up to par with M/B and BMW.

jk52781 said:
Hey Ken do you know how much it costs to get the steering wheel of the LS woodgrained at this place?
You can send to www.american-stitches.com for the same thing. I had my steering wheel done with the carbon fiber and it was $400. It isn't a cheap mod.

What if I want real wood? hehe. Guess that's why it is good that I am a carpenter. I doubt anyone offers that, let alone for a decent price.

Is it easy to pop off these pieces? I would like to simply trim the area above the glove box, around the shifter and driver's side, ignition and lights.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back