Ses

Jsun

LVC Member
Reaction score
My service engine soon light comes on and goes off everyonce in awhile... i did the onboard diagnostics and i am pretty sure that the only one that said "current" was ACM B1312 which i read up about before i made this post but they were saying that that code wouldnt throw the ses light so i am confused...do they sell this part at like a oreillys autozone ect? because the plug and wires look like they have had better days...but for the rest of the codes i thought they said history and they were PCM P0404, PCM P0603, IPC B1983, IPC U1255, if those were history do they always stay on there? or do they clear? so i gues there is alot of questions here and i know they are in a confusing order but any info would help alot thanks
Jason

i bought my 97 sts from my grandpa and the SES light comes on and off every once in a while. it did that when my grandpa had the car as well, and he religiously took it to the dealership everytime it came on, and they told him it was nothing, the light was just malfunctioning. the only thing i don't know is why they woud'nt replace the light for him.... anyway, maybe thats all thats happenning for you too.

perfect example of this happened last night.
i had my car at my uncles shop all day yesterday, i got them to do a full engine analysis, and they came back and told me that there is nothing wrong with the engine. i drove two blocks down the street and the SES light came on....

i kept having the SES light problem. it would come on and turn back off a few starts later.. and i found the code p0335 and it was the crank position sensors..A and/or B yes there is two. so i replaced them both for about 100 clams only case i work at a gm dealer so i got the parts cheap. i reccomend taking it to the dealer and paying the 50 bones to have the scan tool hooked up and telling you what is going on with it.. after that fix i have yet to have any more problems. hope im a help to someone. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back