Silverstars worth it?

M

my95mark8

I know they won't be as good as a NEW headlamp, but do silverstars help at all...I mean is it worth spending the money on a pair?

Silverstars, PIAA and streetglows are pretty good go to www.cardomain.com/shop and check out reviews on the streetglow and PIAA and just compare them check out other peoples rateing and opinions on them

Stock bulbs/Sylvania CoolBlue/Sylvania SilverStars

stockdoor.JPG

coolbluedoor.JPG

silverdoor.JPG

OEM vs Silverstar vs. Heon

I just receive my Heon Xenonmatch (low Beams) from Ken at LSKocepts.com. There is a extreme deifference in my opinion. I had upgraded all the stock bulbs to Silverstar. Costly, but was happy with a brighter light. Then a bulb went out and before I went out to Autozone, I thought I would give the Heon Zeonmatch a try. So now having just the low beams Heon, I notice a big difference. The Silverstars looked like stock (yellow) compared to the Heon (white). I'm very happy with the Heon, and will order the rest when I have the fund.

Give them a try.. You won't be sorry.:D

pbslmo said:
I just receive my Heon Xenonmatch (low Beams) from Ken at LSKocepts.com. There is a extreme deifference in my opinion. I had upgraded all the stock bulbs to Silverstar. Costly, but was happy with a brighter light. Then a bulb went out and before I went out to Autozone, I thought I would give the Heon Zeonmatch a try. So now having just the low beams Heon, I notice a big difference. The Silverstars looked like stock (yellow) compared to the Heon (white). I'm very happy with the Heon, and will order the rest when I have the fund.

Give them a try.. You won't be sorry.:D

Uhhhhhhhhh.. I mean Hoen.

-Driller

Are those your low beams?

Out of those 3 it looks like the silverstar is the best, but the coolblues look nice.

My low beams will barely make a mark on the garage door, LOL...:shifty:

PioneerCrazed said:
-Driller

Out of those 3 it looks like the silverstar is the best, but the coolblues look nice.

Thats because your reflector coating is burnt off/discolored. Time for new housings.

Actually, I had Cool blues on my Contour....they helped alot, but I think the lenses on my Mark are more yellow than the Contour. I went to Walmart, and Auto Zone, both were out of Cool blues 9005s. I saw the Silverstars and they are alot more expensive.

Silverstars are a HUGE improvement over stock bulbs. Well worth the difference in price.

PioneerCrazed said:
-Driller

Yes, low beams, before the headlamp lenses were polished and before the reflector inside got real bad. At the time of the pic, the car had the cool blues in and I had just bought the SilverStars. For comparison, I put the stock back in before the SilverStars and took the pics.

MarkVIII93 said:
I got some sylvania cool blues and they are pretty bright.
The picture in your signature made me spew Diet Dr. Pepper all over my screen. Hilarious!! :Beer

Let's see, stock bulbs are $9.00/pair, Sylvania Silverstars Headlights bulbs are $35.00/pair, Sylvania Fog Light bulbs $35.00, Hoen Xenonmatch are $29.00/pair +shipping, and Hoen Xenonmatch Plus $36.00 + connectors and +shipping. (worth it), All weather fog lights $33.00

For a small difference in price and a few days waiting, You can have the brightest lights available just short of replacement to HID.

You wont be sorry. Go to LSKoncerts.com ;)

pbslmo said:
Let's see, stock bulbs are $9.00/pair, Sylvania Silverstars Headlights bulbs are $35.00/pair, Sylvania Fog Light bulbs $35.00, Hoen Xenonmatch are $29.00/pair +shipping, and Hoen Xenonmatch Plus $36.00 + connectors and +shipping. (worth it), All weather fog lights $33.00

Don't forget HIR's.

I got the HIR's and the relay kit from david stern and what a HUGE difference. I went from not seeing with my high beams, to being able to see with just my lows. And when i have the high's and lows together it's ridiculous! But I also bought new housings. I chose this instead of the HID's because of the $$.

You should try the HIRs on high beam with a relay kit holding the HID low beam on. ;)

I just bought some Silverstars last weekend and love them. They were on sale for 25 bucks a pair. Huge difference in the lighting and it makes your car seem even more unique.

Well, I went with the Cool Blues....they were cheaper, and Wal Mart actually had some. I was looking at the Xtra vision, I think they are called, but no 9005s, only 9006s. Any ways...I got one in, the other side I broke the plug, THEN discovered it was stuck on the mounting panel, which ALSO was preventing the light from turning, so I couldn't get it out (the car was hit in the front, before I got it). I knew I should have waited til daylight to do this, but I couldn't wait to get it done. Not to mention, it's 26 degrees out there. So, now I have one regular bulb, and one cool blue, for now. Now I have to find a new socket, and maybe take the headlamp assembly out.
Saturday, I cleaned the lenses up with somebug and tar remover, and some polishing compound.
Anyways, there IS a difference....I am not going to say it's like new or even close, but it's better, and it will work for now....

Members online

Back