Sirius Radio

Gadgets

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi there I have just purchased a 04 LSE with the navigation package. In the manual it says that this radio is satellite radio ready. I have been doing some research into this and one of the findings is that if you have the nav pack you can't have the satillite radio. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything more about this.
This is a great car and lots of fun to drive.

Gadgets said:
Hi there I have just purchased a 04 LSE with the navigation package. In the manual it says that this radio is satellite radio ready. I have been doing some research into this and one of the findings is that if you have the nav pack you can't have the satillite radio. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything more about this.
Not true; see page 42 of the 2004 Owner's Manual:
Satellite ready capability
Your Lincoln navigation system comes equipped with Satellite ready
capability. The kit to enable Satellite reception is available through your
Lincoln dealer. Detailed Satellite instructions are included with the
dealer installed kit.
I can tell you that the pamphlet of "detailed Satellite instructions" that came with my Sirius receiver showed diagrams of both the Audiophile and THX/Nav systems.

I have the Audiophile (non-THX/Nav) system, which is Sirius-ready, and it cost me $375 installed, at the dealership. The best price I had seen on the factory Sirius unit was $345, and I had more money than time then, so it was worth $30 to have it done. It's completely seamless; the only noticeable difference is the small antenna, which is about 0.5" high, and maybe 1.5"x2", in the middle of the roof about 4" in front of the rear glass.

Radio Margaritaville (Sirius 98) alone makes it well worth the money. :D :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back