Speaker opinions

RiversideLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Howdy Howdy Yall, Long time no post,

Figured I tap yall for an opinion or two (for the speaker buffs I guess). I'm still rocking my 05 LS (she needs a fair amount of TLC ;) with all my daily driving) with an Alpine CDA-9887 receiver with the Alpine KTP-445 power pack putting out 45x4 RMS at 4 ohms.

I have an old Profile California AP700M Class D putting out 350x1 RMS @ 2 ohms. I also have a pair of old 5x7 Alpine R Type SPR-57LP (40w RMS) on the in the front doors that sound ok but not stellar and a little muddy on the mids. For my sub I have an old 12" jl 12w3v2-D4 in a 1.25" box in the trunk.

It works for general listening but I yearn for presence and a lot more clarity. After speaking with a couple of shop guys and searching around I was looking into a new build. Possibly some Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2 (6.5's - i've been told this should work) set in the front with an Arc Audio 300.4 to start (or maybe some DLS gear), keeping the JL sub setup, then later on replacing the JL with some small Image Dynamics IDv3's 8 or 10 inchers and an Arc Audio 500.1 amp. Any opinions?

Its gonna be a bit of an investment for me so I'm wondering am I going a bit too deep without putting in for all the processing and pods and such and should I just upgrade my front channels with some moderate/decent components (recommendations if so?) or should I go forward with the full shabang minus custom work heh ;).

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas yall.

I also have an old Clarion APX600.5 (big ol beast) 45x4 @ 4 amp sitting around the garage too that I might be able to work into the rig I guess.

*PS on the KTP-445 there doesn't seem to be a ton of info on these but it looks like it sticks around 45x4 CEA rated - no real info on peak - and there is talk of some line noise sometimes noticeable)

Upgrade Ur headunit and door speakers.. and what kind of speakers are u running in the back door?? also do u have the speakers in the rear deck lid also? 45X4 is kinda oldschool.. u want to look for "volt out" not watt out. and the line noise is probably caused by cheap rca's.

Members online

Back