Sst ?

shltn

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the SST on my '00 LS Sport V8. When I switch over to SST it never registers 1st gear. Is this normal? Even at a dead stop it sets in 2nd. Just curious....

THANKS

shltn said:
I have a question about the SST on my '00 LS Sport V8. When I switch over to SST it never registers 1st gear. Is this normal? Even at a dead stop it sets in 2nd. Just curious....

THANKS

100% normal.

Mike

Yes - they had to do this to pass emission testing. Once you launch with more than 60% trottle - it will drop into 1st.

Really? That is very interesting. Good to know. I figured it was intended, but I didn't know why. Thanks!

Quik LS said:
Yes - they had to do this to pass emission testing. Once you launch with more than 60% trottle - it will drop into 1st.

Quik LS said:

Actually, it was to avoid the gas-guzzler tax. The test was changed, so the '03 and later didn't have to test in SST.

Interesting... the non SST cars can be locked into 1st manually. What's the deal there? Even a SST car in normal mode starts out in 1st... Has anybody figured out how to make 1st optional from a cold start without having to beat the car for a second?

I know once you get it to go into 1st, it will let you go down there manually as much as you like as long as you leave it in SST and don't come to a full stop.

Kinda stupid, but you gotta love bunny huggers and the EPA...

Kleetus

'00 LS V8 Sport

Members online

Back