staggered wheels on an LS

Gibson

LVC Member
Reaction score
this is probably gonna be like pullin teeth on here... because i know most of you dont like the look of huge rims. but for those of u that do, what do u think a lincoln ls would look like with 22s on the back and 20s on the front? i've checked out cardomain and the ls's with 22, they look ok on the back but on the front they just look too big. ???

In my opinion 20s at the most, any bigger just starts to look like your trying to hard to fit in. Bigger in the back looks good on hot rods and trucks not luxury cars, just my .02

thats what i originally thought too, but when i really started thinkin about it, i dont kno. has it been done? not necessarily 22/20 but any size on an LS

This aint like a old muscle car. Its to temperamental to those type of changes.

I dont even know if I would do it:confused:

Im not sure if it has been done or not but I dont think it would look to good, unless your setting it up for the drag strip.

Give it a try. I'll make fun of you after I see it. Unless of course it looks good.

i'd keep it subtle, do a 1" diameter difference front to back. It comes down to wheel style. Thats mostly a matter of taste though as I think most aftermarket wheels are ugly.

18/20 imo. or put taller tires out back and to keep raked look.

I am doing the rake look with 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear. Everyone likes the look.

I am doing the rake look with 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear. Everyone likes the look.

How do you not get issues with your traction control? With that configuration your car will 'read' 2.7% faster on the front wheels than the rear. When the rear reads 60mph the front would read 61.6mph.

How do you not get issues with your traction control? With that configuration your car will 'read' 2.7% faster on the front wheels than the rear. When the rear reads 60mph the front would read 61.6mph.

It wont, I have run many different front and back tire configurations with my Jag S Type R wheels. Never affected the traction control.

Never had a problem with the TC or the ABS, It stops great and the traction control was working just fine this morning coming into work with the rain we are having here.

The engineers from Lincoln who ran an LS in the One Lap of America in '05 had two different sizes, I know the rears were 275/35-18's, not sure about the fronts, though they were narrower than the 275's

I would try a 20 front/ 21 rear setup, even though 21's are hard to find. It would definetly keep people guessing if you could pull it off. even sweeter if you ran like a 9.5 out back with deep lip and a 8.5 up front. I got to go to SEMA this year and saw asanti is coming out with some new wheels with ridiculous lip, something like 9" for the rear on 7 series bmw's, it's not for everyone, but i like it.

I would try a 20 front/ 21 rear setup, even though 21's are hard to find. It would definetly keep people guessing if you could pull it off. even sweeter if you ran like a 9.5 out back with deep lip and a 8.5 up front. I got to go to SEMA this year and saw asanti is coming out with some new wheels with ridiculous lip, something like 9" for the rear on 7 series bmw's, it's not for everyone, but i like it.

can u fit 9.5 on the back?

they fit with some trimming, i talked to a rep from iforged, and he said they've done it, but it requires some trimming of the inner fender and rolling the outer fender. it's not practical by any means, esp. for a daily driver, but i saw a black ls on cardomain lowered on 20x9.5 out back and 20x8.5 onthe front, and let me tell you it looked very clean.

Members online

No members online now.
Back