sticky shifting?

Fro99

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
After I first got my car out of storage from winter a couple months ago I noticed when I reverse outta my driveway then break and shift to drive it takes Alot longer then normal and and ever if it was from park to drive it took longer than normal.
I though it was from the cold weather and kinda got use to it; well I just realized it is still doing it. :'(

Any suggestions;

I was thinking of getting a trans flush but I took it over to valvoline where I get all my oil and fluids from and they asked before they did it if I had ever had it done before to my knowledge of the car, I had not, so they told me I would have to go to a dealership to get it done (?????). :mad:
So I was wondering if I should set some time aside and drag it over to a shop?

Thx for any help!

how many miles on the car mine did the same. kinda put it in drive and it hesitated for a sec some shops will tell you if you never had it done they will be leary on doing it cuz of some reason .if you have ever did any mechanic work before i would suggest do it your self new gasket -filter and fluid get synthetic fluid the good stuff and dont forget to drain the converer to. all n all if u feel you wanna have it flushed do it i did mine at like 120k and i didnt no if it was done before after that it was like new 11k miles later still shifts good ........ good luck and let us no how it worked out:)

chris

we dont want to flush it cuz at higher millage the clutch packs get weak and flushing the sys of a higher milage car could wash off the friction material and then you wont move and the shop could be blamed for the cust's lack of maintance

Members online

Back