Still missing

stinkonia

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody I recently wrote about how my car engine is missing 04 ls v6 so I finally got a blinking check engine light I took to the auto parts store and it says misfire number 3 now I am out of town and they only have one coil in stock I changed the number three coil because the spark plugs are brand new. Does any one know what is going on the car misses at certain speeds and the car shakes and sometimes it will not go over 3000rpms I have to drive home in a week and it is 15 hours please anyone

if you have changed the Coil's and you are still having the trouble and have new plugs and they are gaped correct and you have checked to make sure all wires are in good condition and connected." don't shoot the messenger" but sound like a valve or lifter problem sorry

what brand of spark plugs are you using? you could also have an injector problem. wiht the car running you should be able to feel the injector click. if it is sticking it will cause a skip.

As far as what spark plugs are in there I don't know but it cost 500 dollars for them to change them I know I got ripped off but the car went into limp home mode a day before I had to leave town he claims to have changed something on the coil and the plugs drove great until to got where I was going and now like crap wouldn't any miss in the motor give me a check engine light? I only got that one but it goes crazy at certain speeds shakes refuses to go

You need to replace all six coils and all six plugs at the same time. Make sure the plugs are gap'd correctly.

That is the problem I am running into every auto parts store only stocks one why is it you have to change all 6 when the computer told the guy number three misfired? Just curious

That is the problem I am running into every auto parts store only stocks one why is it you have to change all 6 when the computer told the guy number three misfired? Just curious

At least read a few of the threads on here and do a little searching.

...(searching will even tell you where to get them cheaper then the parts stores...shhhh)

Members online

No members online now.
Back