Sub woofer box design

02V8Sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
question for all of you. I have a sealed box design that Im planning to build. Is it better to have a seperator between the subs in the box? Or just have them firing into a shared chamber? what are the pro's and con's. All I can think of that when you have a shared chamber the subs both firing at the same time would not let the each other travel as far, almost like they are working against eachother. am I right? Thanks.

1 amp 1 chamber 2 subs, gets the same spl as 1 amp with 2 subs and 2 chambers. 2 amps, use separate chambers . dont know why, just what i have seen and read. as long as the chambers are the right size. until recently i always thought separate chambers are better no matter what. until i was proven wrong at a spl competition.

thanks decibel5. I was wondering because the current box I have had a seperator and I took it out, didnt seem to make much difference. I am taking out my 2-12's now and building a bandpass box with 2-10's in it. hope it turns out, haha.

I was told the seperator was there so that if you blow one of the subs, the other wont blow because now it sees the whole volume of the box, not half.

Members online

No members online now.
Back