Subs And Trunk Issue

LS1218

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have dual 12's kickers in my trunk that I took out my regal. When I drive on the freeway with the music turned slightly up the trunk lock becomes free and opens up. Does anyone else have 12's and with this issue. I'm guessing I need to downsize to 10's so the speakers can sit further from the trunk lock.

I have two 12 kickers also. My box sits up against the back seats and they are facing the seats.. I've never had this problem. I wouldn't downgrade to 10's just get a smaller/slimmer box

There is an adjustment to the latch. Have you tried playing with that?

silly question but does it physically open up or does the message center tell you it's open?

I had mine flicker the trunk was open when I got on it but it didn't happen too often.

There is an adjustment to the latch. Have you tried playing with that?

+10

my trunk would always pop open at the right freq, playing around with the adjustments fixed it, hasn't popped open in over two years.

(15" x2 @1500+w RMS)

+10

my trunk would always pop open at the right freq, playing around with the adjustments fixed it, hasn't popped open in over two years.

(15" x2 @1500+w RMS)

Loosen up the latch and push it up as far as it will go.
You could even file the holes bigger for more up travel.

It will be harder to close and won't pop open completely with the remote and you may have to pull up on it while holding the trunk release button to open it but that's the price of fame :eek:

Thanks guys. Im going to play around with the latch and turn the subs around so they face the seats.

JMT - Yeah the console would notify me when the trunk became open (on the freeway lol)

Loosen up the latch and push it up as far as it will go.
You could even file the holes bigger for more up travel.

It will be harder to close and won't pop open completely with the remote and you may have to pull up on it while holding the trunk release button to open it but that's the price of fame :eek:
I have that problem on my car. I wonder if the latch is adjusted wrong. I thought it may have just been an LS thing. I have no aftermarket subs.

I have that problem on my car. I wonder if the latch is adjusted wrong. I thought it may have just been an LS thing. I have no aftermarket subs.

Nope the trunk pops all the way open on mine.

Mine never pops open when I press the button. Could have something to do with the 2 layers of Damplifier Pro on there.

Nope the trunk pops all the way open on mine.

I was thinking maybe someone had been playing with the spring. I never looked into it. I finally received a remote from Amazon today, so maybe once I program it, I'll look at the trunk.

Mine never pops open when I press the button. Could have something to do with the 2 layers of Damplifier Pro on there.

did you see if the torsion bars that lift the trunk lid up can be adjusted any more? there is a bar with three levels of adjustment on each side of the trunk. moving those will give you lid a little more help.

when i first bought me car i though the trunk lid was going to break every time i opened the trunk, had to turn it down a little to keep it from flying off the hinge.

I think mine only has two adjustments. On the passenger side, its in the top hole. On the driver side its on the bottom. I tried to move it to the top, but I don't think its something I can do by hand... in the end I gave up. when the trunk is lower, it doesn't try to pop back up. Also, when its nearly closed, it gets stuck on the seal. I'm not sure if moving the spring will help or not.

Members online

No members online now.
Back