suggestions on way to approach fix

pearl95lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
hope this post isnt to long and appreciate all replies. last week bought my wife beautiful 95 mark 8 lsc pearl white one owner that sat for long time elderly lady passed away. problem it overheats. changed sensors, pump ,hoses,thermostat,oil,and flushed radiator and block.followed all steps for bleeding.have spent all weekend bleeding repeatedly.also has light tappet noise in passenger bank.will run compression test tommorrow .i am a certified auto diesal tech but not familiar with these cars.if head gasket i will not currently be able to do job myself as having shoulder surgery.question from your experience cheaper to fix or find another motor also want to add no leaks smoking or performance issues.

Cheaper and easier to just R&R the motor, you can find them for >$500 or even buy a whole car with a good motor for less than $500!

It's really odd that the car would have a bad head gasket though, the mod motors are usually pretty good on those... have you verified that the fan is turning on?

Head gaskets aside, I was just wondering if a poor seal somewhere was causing your cooling system to draw in air?

Things like:

Bad / poorly sealing hose.

Bad 'O' ring in thermostat housing.

Bad 'O' rings on coolant crossover tube / cap.

Bad reservoir cap.

Maybe do a cooling system pressure test?

Members online

No members online now.
Back