Sunroof 2000 ls8

logan_william

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Goes up and down but when I go to press it backwards it's only drops and doesn't move backwards

If it is up and you press the button back it closes. If you press the button back again, it slides back.

I am having the same problem on my 2000. I did some searches on the forums and someone else had this issue. Said they needed to replace the sunroof module. I have not had time to research what or where that might be yet. I can get mine to open fully by pressing the button numerous times, it only moves slightly with each push of the switch. Takes like 50 times to get it open all the way. If you find a solution please post it. I will do likewise.

Anyone has broken damaged plastic rails, I have the entire repair kit for sale. Can also be had at http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/0002lincolnls.htm

For the whole thing, including the glass, the Boneyards are your best bet, I managed some time ago to tear out the roof liner and unbolted the entire sun roof rack, mounts, guides, glass and module. the whole thing for peanuts. I forget what I paid for it but it was something stupid like 25$. I salvaged a boat load of other parts that same day so it was a cash grab for me.

Ended up with a whole sun roof rack with even the drain tubes pulled out along with it.

Now if I could ever find time to finish the job and install it over into mine. I gave up on the repair kit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back