Suspension?

dastunner007

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 LS V8 with 130k. The other day I notice that everytime I turn my wheels while parked or driving at 5-10mph I hear a creaking noise almost like it's dry or when you open a rusted door. I checked my power steering fluid and it's good. My rack and pinion is good too because there is no play in the steering. I'm thinking it could be my lower ball joints. I don't know. Any type of help or guidance will help. Thanks.

have you ever replaced the shocks, i have a creaking noise in the front end and i'm pretty sure it the shocks

The shocks are fine. It's only when I turn my wheels left or right. It sounds like it's dry or needs to be lubed.

i would start by getting down by the car while somebody turns the wheel for you and try to hear where its coming from, then one spot at a time spraying some penetrating oil and some of the joints until the noise stops, when it stops you have found the part that is making the noise

I'll try that today and see what happens. If I can't find the problem then I'll be back here giving more updates.

Well I found out what it was and what caused that sound. It was my left lower control arm. It's all fixed now. It doesn't sound like a rusted door opening when I turn my wheels. Thanks for the input guys. BTW I took it to the shop and total was $200. Thanks Les Schwab.

Members online

Back