The Mark VIII Totaled

mannieg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Friday coming home from work a driver turned @ the light at an intersection cutting me off, I hit the brakes and the mark swerved causing me to hit a wall. The other drive fled. I will post pics when i get a chance. luckly I'm ok. I hope to buy the car back so i can get all my goodies out of it. Don't know if i will be picking up another mark soon.

Good to hear you are ok, but I would hunt that ahole down.

that sucks, lost my 93 in a similar accident, the woman from south america who turned in front of my mark in the rain didn't get away though, because i took out her rear axle when my mark hit her-had to get a lawyer to collect money, she was cited for failing to yield. Two weeks later, I got my 'new' mark and I did get a lot of parts and trim off the 93 for my 96-glad you are ok, just means another mark out there will be rescued by you when you can find it-glad you are ok, that's most important.

The best news is that you made it through ok. The good news is that the car can be replaced. Good luck.

Cars can always be replaced, people can't....

Think of it as a good time to upgrade to a better Mark.

I Bought these wheels on ebay picked them up for 340 shipped to my door brand new, And a buddy of mine who owns a tire shop here in town hooked me up with the tires for $200 for the set installed, overall they look good and the car looks better. I finally finish installing the new rear airbags and new front solenoids because they weren't venting and I decided to sensor lower it as well, I think it looks good. I will take more picks this weekend and post them up. Next I will be installing my jmod and a aluminum pumking with 4:10 gears that I picked up from someone who gave up in his project. also plan to do the ray switch. Thank You all for your help, I wouldn't be able to fix my mark without the help of all of you.
The tires are dunlop ZR tires, 235/40/zr18

Mannie

Found this old post of yours, noticed you were talking about adding a "ray switch". Tell you what, if you decide to find and buy another Mark VIII. I'll cut you a deal on a "Ray Switch". Just PM if and when you're interested.

Sorry to hear about your car, hope you can get the car back and salvage some parts, at least some of the wheels you just bought. Might be a chance to sell some interior pieces and make a few bucks back.

Good thing is that you're ok, these cars hold up real nice in accidents, that's one of the reasons I like them.

Adam

That sucks, when someone causes an accident & then takes off! Sorry about the Mark but you are OK & that's the main thing. You will find another car.

Glad your ok, you can get a car anytime. So is it going to be another Mark VIII for you and are you gonna part out this one?

The insurance company totaled the mark, since I had a lean holder amfam would not let me buy it back so I can strip it. I have a rear differential setup. Its and Iron case, open differential(Not Track-loc) with 4.10 gears.
Asking $350 plus shipping if any one is interested let me know, I bought a ford f150 supercrewcab this weekend so for now i wont need them but i may get an lsc in the years to come. let me know if any one is interested the pumking is ready to go and i never got to put it in my mark. I will post this in the for sale section. thanks for everyones concerns.

you ins. company sucks my car had a lean on it when I totaled it and Progressive cut me a check on the spot when they looked at the car

how did the insurance cut you a check? you didnt own the car if it had a lein on it, the finance bank owned it, you shouldnt have gotten anything. maybe they did, but his company doesnt suck because they didnt do that for him, thats what 99% of all companies do, if your vehicle has a lein, its not your vehicle, so if you crash, the money doesnt go to you, it goes to your finance company or bank.

how did the insurance cut you a check? you didnt own the car if it had a lein on it, the finance bank owned it, you shouldnt have gotten anything. maybe they did, but his company doesnt suck because they didnt do that for him, thats what 99% of all companies do, if your vehicle has a lein, its not your vehicle, so if you crash, the money doesnt go to you, it goes to your finance company or bank.

Yeah, I agree. If you don't own it then you don't get any money. Unless you sued the other driver & got a settlement that way, Not through the ins co. though.

hay the cut me a check on the spot could have been that my totaled value and my loan value were very close

???????????

If the car is worth more than the loan you get a check.

Maybe thats a odd concept for people today not to be upside down on their car loan but...

When I totaled my first 96 VIII.

I paid 10,900 in March of 02 with 60k.

before you say I paid too much.

I totaled it in Oct. of 02 with 81k.

Insurance company offered 10,100 first offer, I said find me one as clean....get bent. Next day they offered 11k. I got 100dollars more than I paid 21k and 7mos. later.

Point is I only owed 7kish so they clear the lean with the bank and had to settle the rest with ME and cut the rest TO ME.

If at all possible ALWAYS have your wreck towed home. This not only obviously keeps the storage fees at the yard out of it which is money that they just try to get out of the car value. They know you don't want to pay it. It also makes it hard for them to take control. They want to settle before you neck starts hurting having the car on your property helps it go quite fast.

Heck I even got most of my deductable back.

Yeah, I guess you would get any difference. I doubt that most Ins. companies would pay much for a Mark though. I have full coverage on my 95 & am thinking about dropping it.

I just had an estimate today for some hail damage I got earlier this month. The total was 2750.00 and he said it was only 250.00 from being totaled. I can't believe a 97 LSC is only worth 3000.00 now but that's what the Ins. co. says. Worst part is the estimate was almost all paintless dent repair, not even fixing it right. :mad: I think you might be on the right track with canceling the full coverage.

I just had an estimate today for some hail damage I got earlier this month. The total was 2750.00 and he said it was only 250.00 from being totaled. I can't believe a 97 LSC is only worth 3000.00 now but that's what the Ins. co. says. Worst part is the estimate was almost all paintless dent repair, not even fixing it right. :mad: I think you might be on the right track with canceling the full coverage.

Paintless dent repair works great. As long as they are good at it you will never be able to tell where the dents were. Its better than filling everything and a poor repaint.

Unless your car needed a repaint anyway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back