ticking sound on drivers side

ls05ult

LVC Member
Reaction score
has anyone had a ticking nosie that can not be identified form the driver's side front door or rear passenger's (driver's side) door? dealer can not dulipcate but i can hear this noise at low speeds. dealer has removed both doors and tightened and placed some kind of tape on some components in the door to stop the sound that they cannot hear. just wondering if this is a problem that someone else has experienced. i quess for now i will just hear the noise until it can be identified. :L

I had a rattle a long time ago and the dealer replaced the window regulator it had broken partially and was rattling or something. I also recall something being wrong with the seat belt once.

I will try to look through my serivce tickets when I get back Friday morning if you have not solved it by then,

ls05ult said:
has anyone had a ticking nosie that can not be identified form the driver's side front door or rear passenger's (driver's side) door? dealer can not dulipcate but i can hear this noise at low speeds. dealer has removed both doors and tightened and placed some kind of tape on some components in the door to stop the sound that they cannot hear. just wondering if this is a problem that someone else has experienced. i quess for now i will just hear the noise until it can be identified. :L
How long has this noise been going on? This may be WAAAY out there, but maybe you've got a some little rocks stuck in the grooves of your tires. That is a ticking noise, i think? But hey, I hope I don't sound like too big of an idiot suggesting that...... :monkey:
-Dan

ya same here.. was going to suggest maybe checking for a rock lodged in the tire.

I've been hearing a ticking noise lately that has been comming from the drivers B pillar when I go over bumps or turn.
It seems to be the drivers front door panel rubbing against the weather stripping when the car's body flexes?
I can reproduce it by rocking the stearing wheel at @ 35mph or pushing my knee into the door fairly hard.
There is a black mark on my tan door pannel and the stripping shows wear at the same point.
Some times I'll go weeks without it but then for one or two trips it will agrivate the crap out of me. My wife says it's in my head and I need to get my blood preasure checked.
I think I'll take it apart again after the 15th.

Good luck and keep us posted.

thanks guys for the info. i have looked at the tires and found no rocks and like MikeB it comes and goes. my wife also tends to believe that there is something that i am hearing in my head but there is a tick. i will continue to monitor and will continue to show up at the dealer until we both hear and repair (i pray). as long as it is under warranty (2008), i will complain until it is found. i previously owned the 2002 ls sport and man what a ride and i did not hear this sound so i know that there is something there. thanks again, will keep you updated.

Same Here

Yes, I've heard the same annoying sound in my Mark, a little intermitting ticking that goes on somewhere behind the dash, You are not alone

ls05ult said:

Sometimes i hear a ticking noise when I am cornering. And when i turn the wheel while the car is moving forwards....Does anyone know what that is from?

Members online

No members online now.
Back