Tire reccommendations..

Dartastic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 LS V8 Ultimate. Put 38k on original michelin's. I dont hot rod much but some spirited driving is done to cleanse the soul every now and then. Looking for a set of tires for the original chrome 17 inch wheels. Would like to go a little wider if possible but just eyeballing the wheels it looks like 235's are the max. Maybe 245's? Anyway what looks good and performs well. Weather isnt much of an issue. Im in northern cali.. wrose we get is heavy rain from time to time.

I personally like the Michelin Pilots and the Goodyear Assurance tires myself, I've also had good luck with Yokohama although I don't like the look of them as much.

I was not happy with the performance of the original Michelin Pilot MXM4s on my 02, so when I bought my 06, the first thing I did was replace the MXM4s with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in the stock size (235/50R17). These are Z speed rated tires, and are the only one in the Pilot Sport line to be all-season. That means they will still have good traction when cold (which includes before they have heated up via driving). They also are excellent in rain, even very heavy rain. I am thrilled with these tires. Fill them to 33 - 34 psi for amazing stick (and undoubtedly, a higher wear rate). Handling is noticably better on dry and infintiely better on wet. I like knowing that I have a much safer tire when the rain is pouring down. They have an aggressive lookign tread pattern, but it is unfortunately directional, which means you can only rotate tires front-to-back.

I have GS-D3s on my '04 Cobra and like them. A set is going on the LS when the OEM tires are used up.

Thanks guys. Just got done ordering the Pilot Sports A/S in a 245/45/17. For some reason that size was reccommended over the stock 235 Michelins. Kind pricey but I for one liked the stock michelins so am expecting even more from these. BTW I ordered them before reading the responses so I feel pretty good about it. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back