Transmission shift cable adjustment and OSS issues

Spartan

LVC Member
Reaction score
I dropped the tranny in my 2003 3.9 liter to replace the servos and now that the transmission is back in the vehicle I am having some issues. First I performed a shift cable and TR sensor adjustment and the car would move forward in the wrong gears and didn't have reverse. Come back to the car a few days later and perform the adjustments again and again and the dash and shifter are now in agreement but now the car won't move in any direction in any shifter position.

In SST mode I'm able to shift all way up into 5th gear. Idle is good and strong and measure about 800 rpm at the input shaft and 160 rpm at the intermediate shaft and 0 rpm at the output shaft. Believing my fluid level was low I added more but before I could even get a quart in the transmission fluid vented out of the bell housing. What am I missing?

Would mixing up the hoses at the transmission cooler cause this? Is this indicative of an incorrect relationship of the gear indexer and the piston in the valve body? Would losing a ball in the valve body cause this? Car isn't throwing any codes related to the solenoids and the solenoid pack was replaced recently anway.

Members online

No members online now.
Back