Transponder key

biggsdabarber

LVC Member
Reaction score
I had my 2005 Lincoln ls 3.9 for almost a year. I lost my spare keys and was wondering if anyone knew how to program a new key without have a diagnostic computer to hook up. Locksmiths are almost as bad as the dealer for their prices. I have one original key and I don't want that one to die out on me

You can't.
I have a $400+ scan tool that can do it, but I assume that you would count that as "diagnostic computer."

maybe the reason dealers and locksmiths charge so much is because they need to recoup the cost of thousands of dollars in tools that you don't have...

I also don't really think its too overpriced to pay somebody $40 to use a very expensive computer you don't have.

this is also why you should always have three different keys, that way if you ever lose one, you still have to keys that you can use to program your own with...

The dealer only gave me 1 key. I see all these post about being able to program 1 key on the Internet but I'm not 100% sure they will work

The dealer only gave me 1 key. I see all these post about being able to program 1 key on the Internet but I'm not 100% sure they will work

YOU can not program any keys with only one key

some places that sell keys (hardware store) can clone your key if you only have one OR a dealer or good scan tool can add additional keys no matter how many you have.

you can only program more keys if you have two.

Members online

No members online now.
Back