Trunk Ajar

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i had to change a tail light bulb after I got them tinted. Changed the bulb and went to start it and the trunk ajar came on. I looked back and the little needle thing with the spring in it came out. I tried to put it back in but it popped back out. Has this happened to anyone, what do i need to do to fix this.

PS will be posting pics of the car, got it back from being side swipped and did a couple other things. Pics to come later when the weather is clear

Another trunk question. When I pop my trunk either from inside the car or using the key, my trunk wont lift up on itself ill have to manually lift it up. Is this normal on the LS or what?

yeah thats normal, the trunk on the ls's dont open up by them selfs, you would think they might do that but sadly no... lol oh well not too big of a deal though

before u buy a new switch, check that the plastic part across the bottom is positioned correctly, if it doesnt have anythign to press against, it won't show "closed"

My trunk wouldn't stay shut and I was flipping out until until I discovered that the glow in the dark "help I'm captive in a trunk" lever was getting caught up in the cargo net.

No real point to that other than don't put someone in your trunk until their secure ;) lol

My trunk wouldn't stay shut and I was flipping out until until I discovered that the glow in the dark "help I'm captive in a trunk" lever was getting caught up in the cargo net.

No real point to that other than don't put someone in your trunk until their secure ;) lol

Curious... My LS does not have this lever. I have seen them on many cars but it appears the previous owner removed it or it was tucked behind the carpet. Where exactly is it located?

Curious... My LS does not have this lever. I have seen them on many cars but it appears the previous owner removed it or it was tucked behind the carpet. Where exactly is it located?

get someone to mug you walkin up to your car, have them throw you in the trunk with your head to the passenger side lying on your back, now try get out
or
pop the trunk and then, look at the inside of the trunk lid you should find it, if not feel around for a "slit" in the trunk carpet because the glow in the dark plastic may be tucked behind the lining.

The bulb was already blown I just never checked it until I was looking at how good the rears look and noticed it was out.

I think I'd be very concerned if that release was removed from my car by the previous owner lol.

Anyway, I've got another trunk question since we're on the topic.

Last week, I found that my girlfriend's sable has an adjustment on each side for the trunk springs (or whatever they're actually called.) Adjusting them on her car changed how quickly the trunk lid opened, so I wanted to make my LS trunk open, much like described in the second question in this thread.

Well, as it turns out, the trunk adjustments are A LOT harder to move in the LS, and I popped it out of the groove (go look at yours to get an idea) and cannot for the life of me get it back up there without it ripping my fingers off. So for the last week, my trunk has been sitting rather limp...

Does anyone know how to get that metal bar back up there, or if there is an easier way to do this, am I just going about it in the completely wrong way?

Also, do you think this adjustment will make my trunk lid open when i pop the solenoid or did I screw it up for no reason?

(TIP: Don't get any bright ideas and try to adjust the stupid thing without a resolution here, I'm not just a puss, this thing is HARD to adjust.)

Yeah dont mess with those torsion bars unless you've got the right tools to adjust them. They can take fingers off.
Try to find a small heavy duty pipe that will just fit over the end of the bar and see if you can get it to go back with that. Don't break the pipe though.

yeah thats normal, the trunk on the ls's dont open up by them selfs, you would think they might do that but sadly no... lol oh well not too big of a deal though
The trunk lid of my '06 LS (and my previous '04 LS) opens when released; depending on the wind speed and direction, it'll fly up so hard you'd swear something is going to break. That's why I don't release the trunk lid unless I'm close enough to catch it and slow its rise.

The trunk lid of my '06 LS (and my previous '04 LS) opens when released; depending on the wind speed and direction, it'll fly up so hard you'd swear something is going to break. That's why I don't release the trunk lid unless I'm close enough to catch it and slow its rise.

+1 on my 2000 LS

yeah thats pretty hard to get back up there. I took mine off when I was putting my system in and didnt realize how hard they were. I had to sit back there for hours and keep prying on them eventually youll get it.

so when you press the release, your trunk opens? hmm mine doesnt maybe its different... anyone else have a 2000 that does it?

so when you press the release, your trunk opens? hmm mine doesnt maybe its different... anyone else have a 2000 that does it?

sure do, works everytime, but not quite as hard as some of the other guys stated.

the glow in the dark "help I'm captive in a trunk" lever
that :q:q:q:q is funny, lol, didnt realize it glows in the dark, but then again, i have never been captive in my trunk!

its weird then because mine just pops open but doesnt open all the way up, wonder how to get that to work

Sometimes mine just pops; a lot of it depends on the wind. If it's calm or if the car is parked nose-first into the wind, it'll pop or open just a few inches; if there's any tail- or cross-wind at all, it'll normally catch the deck lid and bang it up against the upper stops if I don't catch it.

Members online

Back