V8 With The 5 Spd?

BLACK LS8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I Was Wondering If They Make An Adapter Kit Or What Not. I Haven't Heard Of Anyone Having It Done Yet. Why Is That?

I guess nobody knows of a transmission that will mate to the V8 and all the computer stuff could be tricky.

I thought it was technically a three speed with two overdrives, or something like that??:D

the getrag 221 is not capible of handling the torque of the V8 - that's why it was never an option. The Lincoln dealers felt there would not be enough sales of the 5-speed V8 to justify it own unique trannie option...

To mate up another 5-speed would be tricky - the unique bell-housing, PCM changes, ...

the getrag 221 is not capible of handling the torque of the V8 - that's why it was never an option. The Lincoln dealers felt there would not be enough sales of the 5-speed V8 to justify it own unique trannie option...

To mate up another 5-speed would be tricky - the unique bell-housing, PCM changes, ...

Are there any other transmissions that might have a chance at working? What about the Tremac TR-3650 in the new mustang gt?

how would you physically get it to fit and/or mate up to your engine. new mustang isn't same motor as ls. not to mention the length difference that would require new drive shaft, computer issues, etc. etc.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back