Was ist das Beste - what ist the best "Air ride Suspension Conversion Kit" ???

Dedalus

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have again a problem with my Mark VIII (95er) :mad: .
This time it's the "air ride system". I think that now the compressor is defective. 3 years ago, the brats were moved forward - for over $ 2,000). That's too much money for 3 years. Therefore I want to replace the air suspension. There are several providers: Strutmasters is sympathetic to me. What product or company you recommend? Which kit you've had good experiences?
Since I have no garage, no suitable garage, it is important for me that the installation is easy. I also need a good guide for the removal and installation - it has to be quick, because I need to de carpark build .

Best regards to America and thank you for your efforts in advance.
Dedalus from Germany

Poste bitte paar Bilder deines Autos, scheint die gleiche Farbe wie mein LSC zu sein. :)

I still have a fairly new airride compressor I dont need right now, its not for sale though, I wouldn't be surprised if Id need one in the future. Should you decide to swap your airride parts with a regular suspension kit, would you be interested in selling the air shocks and rear bags?

Avoid Strutmaster, there are much better springs available. Yes I have them.

Never stops suprising me how easy it is to understand german and I have never even learned it! Except for a few phrases that really doesn't fit in here. Or any other forum either for that part.

Isn't it still possible to score brand new Ford spare parts on Ebay?

If you already have good air springs
(That was the big money)
A compressor is easy to replace and relatively cheap.

@ Schaefft - Hi ... when I'm finished with the conversion, we can talk about the sale of parts.

@ SaturnV - which was not much help - but thanks.

@ Pengun - I have seen here on the web:
http://www.americanairsuspension.co...Suspension-Conversion-Kit-p/9398mk8cvlsks.htm

@ Slowmkviii - Thanks for the tip. But certainly for me more is broken. About 4 years ago, I have replaced the front brats. Lately they were leaking again and I suspect that in the compressor was overloaded. Although he has not walked a lot. To inflate early and occasionally go. The last message on the computer was "check air ride system" - then he never gepumt again and I was lucky that I got to go home. Now I do not want to put more money into the system - hence the conversion. When I later had more time and money, I upgrade may get back. Lowered looks great from the MarkVIII -.).

@ SwedishMark - Ebay has everything - but the question is, what is right and good for me. Mein Problem ist ja, dass ich die verschiedenen Hersteller und deren Produkte und Qualitäten nicht kenne - ich bin ja zum ersten Mal mit diesem Problem konfrontiert und muss mich nun informieren. Ich suche auch ein Produkt, welches sehr einfach einzubauen ist. Beste Grüße und Dank für die Mühe!

Best wishes to all
Dedalus from Germany

Holy **** I actually understood what you wrote. And I've never ever learned german :D But I'm not gonna type in Swedish, you probably wont understand **** if I do :p
Doing the coil conversion is the easiest if you're looking in the long run. Theres plenty of guides on this forum on how to do it.
But I, myself would never remove the air suspension. Sure, coils are less trouble free and will basically hold forever. But that's worse than removing the engine from the car. The air suspension is what makes his car imo :)

Holy **** I actually understood what you wrote. And I've never ever learned german :D But I'm not gonna type in Swedish, you probably wont understand **** if I do :p
Doing the coil conversion is the easiest if you're looking in the long run. Theres plenty of guides on this forum on how to do it.
But I, myself would never remove the air suspension. Sure, coils are less trouble free and will basically hold forever. But that's worse than removing the engine from the car. The air suspension is what makes his car imo :)

No dear Swede, you have nothing to learn German. I try to capture with the translator of Google everything. How can I test the compressor? Maybe a fuse is broken? I like the air suspension, it's really cool and the Asham Module8 determined the very best. But right now, nothing works for me. So I will exchange - to avoid even more (unpredictable) costs. If I let the brats here in Germany to replace it costs 2000 euros again. UDN as I prefer buying the kit for 600 euro for 5 years did not cause trouble. If I have more time and money, I could convert again.

I have strutmasters, and they work just fine for me. Racebronco2 had some for sale recently. You may want to check with him. I was going to purchase them as spares for my own set. :)

For Technical Support or Questions Call Us At:1-800-260-5175

9AM to 9PM Mon-Sat
For All Your Air Suspension Needs!!!
Suncore Industries Inc.
1631 South Dixie Hwy Building B
Pompano Beach,Fl. 33060

I did the conversion on my 1994 mark 8... great product...

Hi, it is possible to start the compressor for the air suspension manual? Lincoln is my front almost to the ground. I have to take him to garage. There it is repaired. I need to replace the Air suspension.
Thank you - it's a great forum here. has so far helped me good!
Beste Grüße
Dedalus

@ Schaefft - Hi ... when I'm finished with the conversion, we can talk about the sale of parts.

@ SaturnV - which was not much help - but thanks.

@ Pengun - I have seen here on the web:
http://www.americanairsuspension.co...Suspension-Conversion-Kit-p/9398mk8cvlsks.htm

@ Slowmkviii - Thanks for the tip. But certainly for me more is broken. About 4 years ago, I have replaced the front brats. Lately they were leaking again and I suspect that in the compressor was overloaded. Although he has not walked a lot. To inflate early and occasionally go. The last message on the computer was "check air ride system" - then he never gepumt again and I was lucky that I got to go home. Now I do not want to put more money into the system - hence the conversion. When I later had more time and money, I upgrade may get back. Lowered looks great from the MarkVIII -.).

@ SwedishMark - Ebay has everything - but the question is, what is right and good for me. Mein Problem ist ja, dass ich die verschiedenen Hersteller und deren Produkte und Qualitäten nicht kenne - ich bin ja zum ersten Mal mit diesem Problem konfrontiert und muss mich nun informieren. Ich suche auch ein Produkt, welches sehr einfach einzubauen ist. Beste Grüße und Dank für die Mühe!

Best wishes to all
Dedalus from Germany

So wait you're saying you replaced the stock air shocks with a couple of these??

S6-GEPy-3ySHgrMxOQg8iDwVFF5A1RTRxlShG9S-6NVgIB0D60m6gJGUrRNswaHV1wmCOy3TYL1Ld-CDPApc=s230-c.jpg

Just f*ckin with ya..if you're looking for a quick cheap conversion kit go with strutmasters or something of the like but if you want a nice riding set of springs and shocks there are better options. I put tokico springs and shocks on mine that are intended for thunderbirds and are rated at 1.25" lower than stock. I used DLFs perches and rubber isolators in the rear and also needed front upper shock mounts as the kit doesn't come with any. The ride is great in my opinion..can't speak for strutmasters however. If it needs to be done quick I'd just go with the strutmasters otherwise you'll be hunting for parts or waiting on stuff to arrive in the mail.

Thanks KeVIIIn, I have to install Strutmasters, because they are relatively cheap. My problem is that the bug is on the bottom. I have to manually start the compressor, so I can go to the workshop. How can I start the compressor?

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/airsuspension2.htm

ground the compressor trigger (18) and apply 12 volts to the front solenoid triggers (14 and 15).
Hi Chris - Thank you for your effort! I have little idea of ​​the matter. Unfortunately, I understand very little. Is that picture of me right? Can I connect the cables to the front of the Lincoln comes up?
Translated with Google - sorry!Air suspension connector - Einzelsteuerung Kopie.jpg
Die Beiträge sind toll. Wenn ich Geld und Zeit habe, will ich diese Steuerung in meinen Mark VIII einbauen.
The posts are great. If I have money and time, I want to install this controller in my Mark VIII.

Air suspension connector - Einzelsteuerung Kopie.jpg

Well it's been almost 20 years since I spoke German and google translate grammar is really bad, mine I'm sure is not much better.

Sie können auch ziehen Sie den Kompressor und gelten 12v, um es direkt. Sie müssten auch noch Spannung auf 14 und 15 gelten, um die Ventile zu öffnen.

Well it's been almost 20 years since I spoke German and google translate grammar is really bad, mine I'm sure is not much better.

Sie können auch ziehen Sie den Kompressor und gelten 12v, um es direkt. Sie müssten auch noch Spannung auf 14 und 15 gelten, um die Ventile zu öffnen.

Yes :) Ganz schlechte Grammatik - Very bad grammar;-)

is my sketch (drawing) true (correct)? I try several words. I try different words.

- How can I get the cable of the compressor? Where are the wires for the compressor?
- Voltage at 14 and 15 - to the positive pole of the battery? Positive battery cable at 14 and 15?

Ich hasse auch den Schee !

In your drawing you have - going to pin 30 to activate the compressor, I believe that should be pin 18. Or you can pull the passenger side wheel well and grab the wires directly at the compressor. It is mounted in the corner of the bumper. 12v to 14 & 15 I'm pretty sure but I will send a text to fordnut and ask him to post. I know he rewired his.

Or you can pull the passenger side wheel well and grab the wires directly at the compressor. It is mounted in the corner of the bumper. 12v to 14 & 15 I'm pretty sure but I will send a text to fordnut and ask him to post. I know he rewired his.
This is the easy way.
At the compressor, red is 12v for compressor.
Black is ground for the compressor.
Blue is 12v for vent
White is ground for vent.

Each bag opens up with 12v were it plugs in at the bag.
So if you open a bag solenoid with 12v, you can vent it or fill it right at the compressor if you have 12v.
Use a heavy gauge wire to run the compressor.

In your drawing you have - going to pin 30 to activate the compressor, I believe that should be pin 18. Or you can pull the passenger side wheel well and grab the wires directly at the compressor. It is mounted in the corner of the bumper. 12v to 14 & 15 I'm pretty sure but I will send a text to fordnut and ask him to post. I know he rewired his.

Ohh, thank you - I'm sure I misunderstood something. Thanks for the note. 18 also comes to the positive terminal of the battery?
Air suspension connector - Einzelsteuerung 02.jpg
Mark is completely lowered my front - I do not get a jack under the car. I can not lift the car with a jack.

Air suspension connector - Einzelsteuerung 02.jpg

I'm not sure, I'm airless otherwise I would check for you.
I would do it the way fordnut posted. Pretty easy.

I'm not sure, I'm airless otherwise I would check for you.
I would do it the way fordnut posted. Pretty easy.
Fine, I'll wait. I want to drive too airless, because at the moment, I resent my Lincoln. That is too expensive with air ride System.
1000 Dank :) many thanks !

Members online

No members online now.
Back