washed car now unlock and window wont work

fisk112

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Lincoln ls and the other night I took it to the car wash and since then the drivers side door won't roll down and the unlock button always says door ajar when I press it. Any suggestions?

Might have got the door/window module wet, or the window motor got wet along with the module and shorted out. Try taking the the - off the battery and let it sit for 15 minutes. Not saying that will work, but that might reset the module at least.

I can hear the window motor running when I press the button and the unlock button works but reads door ajar when I press it.

Take the door interior door panel off and have someone press the window button as you watch the window motor. With the door ajar light coming on when you press the unlock button sound like a wiring issue there. Maybe joegr will chime in soon.

I pulled the door cover off and I can hear the window motor running. i'm thinking of replacing the door module. Ant other suggestions would be appreciated

I pulled the door cover off and I can hear the window motor running. i'm thinking of replacing the door module. Ant other suggestions would be appreciated

If you can here the window motor running, then replacing the DDM isn't going to fix that. If the motor is really running but the window isn't moving, either the regulator is broken or the gearbox part of the motor assembly is.

The rest of your post is somewhat confusing.

the drivers side door won't roll down
I assume you mean the driver's window, because the door should never roll down.

unlock button always says door ajar when I press it
I think that there are several things that you could mean here, but certainly not what you wrote. The unlock button does not have any indicators in or on it to say anything. Did you mean:

1. When I press unlock, the door ajar message or light comes up?
2. Door ajar is always indicated now?

Does the power lock/unlock function work on the driver's door?

Unlock function works but makes a rapid clicking sound after I press the unlock. While pressing the unlock button the message center reads door ajar. Does not always read door ajar, only when pressing unlock. Also when pressing the drivers side WINDOW button the center dome lights are activated and this also triggers the door ajar message. This all happened after washing my car. Thanks for any help on this

Members online

Back