What's That Noise ??

KMax

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2000 LS last week, I noticed that on the passengers front side there was a rather annoying rattle sound when going over bumps or ungrooved pavement. The dealership since has replaced: R & L side Ball Joints, Stabilizer Bar and all bushings and bearings on the front end. They are dumbfounded by the noise as well because nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas?

KMax said:
Just purchased a 2000 LS last week, I noticed that on the passengers front side there was a rather annoying rattle sound when going over bumps or ungrooved pavement. The dealership since has replaced: R & L side Ball Joints, Stabilizer Bar and all bushings and bearings on the front end. They are dumbfounded by the noise as well because nothing seems to fix it. Any ideas?
Whats in the glove box ? I once tracked an annoying noise to an air freshner can in my glove box.

the glove box itself sometimes rattles. hold it shut while hitting the bumps. also my other guess is upper strut mount.

Thanks Guys come to fing out my mechanic didn't tighten the brake calliper all the way and it was loose causing the rattle noise on the passenger side.

Hmmm I dont think I would be returning there. Did it do any damage to the rotor at all?

Members online

No members online now.
Back