What's the best all-season tire for the money?

Cjay LS

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a good set of all-season tires for my stock 16 inch wheels. I would like to find some that work well in the snow. Really don't want to spend a lot on these tires, because I would only use them when there is snow in the forecast. What tire should I go with?

I don't understand. You're looking for All-Season tires that you would only use when snow is in the forecast? Why not get snow tires instead? And do you really plan on switching tires only when snow is forecast? Snow is forecast on and off throughout the winter. That could mean switching tires several times.

:confused: :confused:

Goodyear triple tread are on my car and I like them but we dont get much snow here but they are good in the rain. they are rated as an all season tire

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and they PWN. Pricey though... but they come with the best warranty I have ever seen. They will replace all even if someone slashes one. They guarantee that they will last as long as they are supposed to or you get new ones as well. Worth the $ IMO.

I also have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, in 235/50R17 size. They are my summer tires. I had purchased Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 for winter, but when I went to install them (finally) last weekend I saw that the place I bought them from has given me one incorrect wheel (5x114 bolt instead of 5x108). So I am still riding on the Sport A/S tires. And today was ugly - snow, freezing rain, and slush. The Sport A/Ss fared quite well. Still, if you are buying a set of tires for use in the snow, buy winter tires. The Alpin PA2 seemed to me to be a good compromise between traction, handling, and treadlife.

Pirelli P Zeros do fine in the snow. I've had them on my car for years, except for when I used snow tires -- usually in the summer for added grip on the backroads.

Cjay LS said:
I'm currently looking for a good set of all-season tires for my stock 16 inch wheels. I would like to find some that work well in the snow. Really don't want to spend a lot on these tires, because I would only use them when there is snow in the forecast. What tire should I go with?

Cjay I do the same on my LS, Im in Chicago and just had 8" dumped on us overnight. I take my 19's off and run my stock 17's with Blizzak tires. I use the same tire on my wifes S60 T5 and my LS. Blizzaks wont disappoint you in the snow. My LS can get through some deep snow with these tires with no problems.

i HATE winter .... it's starting to get down into the 50s at night ......

PaulJK said:
i HATE winter .... it's starting to get down into the 50s at night ......

Yeah, it's really bad at Christmas when Santa has no way into the house because you don't have a chimney and you've closed all the windows!:p :p

Members online

Back