will this work in my 93 mark?

Should be fine. Pretty much any 4r70w will work, it more the matter or wiring that will be an issue. Being a 93 you have ODB I, not sure what will be involved but it will not be plug and play without doing something. If you can get it cheap, great, but a 98 will be a "stronger" transmission.

This trans has about 10k miles on it since rebuilt by a local shop.

I would stay away from any rebuild done by "a local shop". Very few local shops know how to rebuild these things correctly. I'd rather go with a low mileage stock unit out of Grand Marquis / Crown Victoria (non-police).

Good point 1993_M75. I did not even read the auction. Find a 98 or better, a 99 and you will not need a rebuild. If it was rebuilt, there was something wrong with it....

Actually the early 93-96 mark viii has the wide ratio gear sets in it. I am not sure about the later 97-98 models. The mustangs have the closer gear ratios. The wide ratios are desirable for drag racing. There is a web site that talks about it. I am sure someone here knows the place. I cannot remember at the moment.
I agree I would stay away from the local shop unless you know the guys.

Well the W in 4r70w means wide ratio. You may be right, but I have never heard of that before. The 98 has an electronic diode versus the prone to break mechanical of the 97 and earlier and also had the updated 1-2 acumulators. The 99 have better, harder, beefier gears also.

Yeah i know... my problem is that I am having a hard time finding one locally.... I really need to fix my car its been down to only first gear for about 2 months now. Its enough to get me down the hill to work and thats about it.

unity said:
Well the W in 4r70w means wide ratio. You may be right, but I have never heard of that before. The 98 has an electronic diode versus the prone to break mechanical of the 97 and earlier and also had the updated 1-2 acumulators. The 99 have better, harder, beefier gears also.

backwards,

98 and up have mechanical diode.

dude trust me,get a 99 or newer gt trans,it is the best way to go other than a custom built unit.

mine is stock 2002 gt trans and shifts awesome,plus i know its built for 450 hp from the factory,according to corral.net and sccoa.com.

i know you had some "fun" getting a trans wired up in your friends car before,but it can be done.

haha yeah the wiring wasnt too hard if people arent up to doing it themselves there actually is a girl on ebay who will sell you everything to make the newer trans just a plug in deal and they go for about 50 dollars. My friends trans that we put in though broke in about a day so eventually I will have his 02 trans and will rebuild that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back