Window Shattered!!??

dblockg

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a question for you. I just got home from a lil nightly cruise, i was rolling up my windows and out of nowhere the rear passenger window shatters. I was wondering if any of you heard about an issue with this or how this could of happened. Thanks for your help :confused:

do you live near a golf course or around a lot of little kids? lol sorry to hear it man but thats about all I can think of, hopefully someone with some more knowledge steps in..

No sir, thats the crazy thing. No one around and nothing hit it. I was just rolling it up and smash, it spiderwebs the whole window. Its crazy, ive never heard of something like that happening lol......do you know how hard it is to get a replacement window? I know each one has the vin etched in so im guessing its more expensive lol......sob!

That is really strange! You weren't in the ghetto were you.....maybe a stray bullet... Seriously though, was there anything around you that could have tossed up a rock or anything? You said it happened while rolling it up? I don't know how likely this is but maybe it wasn't tight on the regulator and got pushed up at a bad angle. If you need some glass ASAP I have all of the windows pulled from my parts car. All of the glass is in great condition and the rear doors are very easy to get the glass in and out. PM me if you need any help with that.

No sir, thats the crazy thing. No one around and nothing hit it. I was just rolling it up and smash, it spiderwebs the whole window. Its crazy, ive never heard of something like that happening lol......do you know how hard it is to get a replacement window? I know each one has the vin etched in so im guessing its more expensive lol......sob!

Getting a replacement is easy! Hit me up! They have the VIN etched on them?! I didn't notice that.

wow seriously, that sucks man! Had you noticed any cracks in it? The rear windows are held by the regualtor. There is a "hand" if you will on the regulator that holds the bottom of the window. This "hand" has 2 plastic clips that fit within one another and slid into a hole in the "hand" and a hole in the window to hold the two together. It is POSSIBLE that you aquired a crack in the window down there and never knew it... or, it may have just gotten stuck on something.. maybe like someone else said, some kid threw something.. Lots of possibilities but I dont think its anything serious.. not really much inside the door that can shatter your window. On a brighter note, I have a very nice rear passenger window for sale :D

that sucks... never heard of it in an ls, but both ford and gm are plagued by shattering/exploding glass, they bind in the track or latches and BOOM, i've seen the back glass of explorers shoot shards 50 feet across the dealer svc dpt

Yea, its really crazy. thats what im thinkin too is that the regulator was out of place and pushed it up at the wrong angle. It looks like the shatter originated at the top of the window, so im guessing that could be the likely problem. But even if i get a replacement window, it could still shatter again if i dont get the regulator looked at right?

take the panel off and the metal brace, and get a good look at the reg. I really dont think there is any issue with it, I think it was more of just bad luck, but it never hurts to check it out (I actually encourage you to check everything in the door, even take a flat head and run up the track to check for any debree in them).

:q:q:q:q happens. It doesn't take as much as you might think to break a window if you get the right leverage. I'd suspect the regulator though.

Members online

Back