Wood Dash Trim & 5sp question - oil

jsteigerptd

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but the wood strips around the dash midline - are they real or fake?

On a more serious note- my '01 LS V6 w/ 5 speed seems to shift with a notchy feel when cold (I'm in PA, so we're talking about freezing temps here), especially from 1st to 2nd, and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd. Once the car is warm, the problem is almost entirely gone. Is there any oil out there that you recommend for this tranny that may smooth out these cold morning shifts?

The wood is genuine plastic. At least in my '01, i dont know if it changed in the newer years.

jsteigerptd said:
Probably a dumb question, but the wood strips around the dash midline - are they real or fake??

Sand 'em and paint 'em... that's what I did!

On a more serious note- my '01 LS V6 w/ 5 speed seems to shift with a notchy feel when cold (I'm in PA, so we're talking about freezing temps here), especially from 1st to 2nd, and sometimes from 2nd to 3rd. Once the car is warm, the problem is almost entirely gone. Is there any oil out there that you recommend for this tranny that may smooth out these cold morning shifts?

Don't know about the LS, but I've always used Redline MTL in all my manual rowers from the past. Helped with the "notchiness" on my two mtx SHO's.

mholhut said:
Sand 'em and paint 'em... that's what I did!

Thats what i did!

LSpaintedInterior002.jpg

LSpaintedInterior003.jpg

I like the color-match to the exterior... looks good. I am thinking about doing the same... how did you remove and re-attach? Just careful with a screwdriver?

Personly I like the wood look but I got to admint V-8 that dose look good but why dident you paint the AC controls?

Members online

No members online now.
Back