02 LS V8 vs. 00 S-Type V8

Lucky_Ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was on my way yesterday to tint shop to get my windows retinted and I had my brother follow me so I didn’t have to wait there (the guy at tint shop said it could take up to 4 to 6 hours). Anyway, it turns out I was the one doing the following… He has a 2000 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 that’s bone stock. I have a 2002 LS V8 with a Magna Flow exhaust and a CAI. He was able to accelerate faster then me and get to the driving speed on the high way faster then me. I honestly felt like my car had to try and keep up with him. I haven’t had a chance to see who is faster from a dead stop but once we got going, he made it look effortless!

Has anyone out there tangled with an S-Type and had a similar outcome???

The 2000-02 S-type V8 has what 281hp and 287 lb of torque, so it's probably gonna walk away from 00-02 LS easy.

Yes but with the Magna-Flow and CAI he should be near that HP and TQ so it should be closer than a walk away if at all.

I want to get an XCal as my next major upgrade. Do you think it will be a closer contest after that?

I want to get an XCal as my next major upgrade. Do you think it will be a closer contest after that?
You might pick up 10 hp with a 93 tune and with a quicker shift, run door to door.

But think of your cousin. How will he feel if you spend a couple of hundred on some bolts on and beat him?

He spent thousands more for the Jag. Do you really want him to hate his car?:p

funny Mark..

Mark...
Thanx for my first GOOD laugh of the day.
Thats just like you tho , to think of others feelings especially in times of need.
In that , ya after the tune , he will need a shoulder to cry on.Is it worth it?
hell ya!
The only reason I don't beat anyone in my 02v8 , is can't afford the mods...|
Trust me , if i could , i'd do it AND beat my own mother!(She has A lexus...LOL)
Good times...

Members online

No members online now.
Back