02 sensor

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey so i checked my engine light and said bank 1 o2 sensor has to be changed. So anyways how much are these things and are they hard to install? If so how u install them...

When I replaced mine about a month ago, it was $80 CDN at my local auto parts store....and to install for me was easy, it was the rear o2 sensor and all you have to do is get under the car where your front door is and you will see the o2 sensor plugged into your exhaust system with a wire about 1ft long running from it to a connector. You just disconnect it and unscrew the o2 sensor, screw the new one in and connect the wire again. takes about 5 mins.

When I replaced mine about a month ago, it was $80 CDN at my local auto parts store....and to install for me was easy, it was the rear o2 sensor and all you have to do is get under the car where your front door is and you will see the o2 sensor plugged into your exhaust system with a wire about 1ft long running from it to a connector. You just disconnect it and unscrew the o2 sensor, screw the new one in and connect the wire again. takes about 5 mins.

Did it solve your engine light problems? Its the bank 1 sensor though doesn't each cylinder have one? They are all located underneath the driver door?

Did it solve your engine light problems? Its the bank 1 sensor though doesn't each cylinder have one? They are all located underneath the driver door?

It solved my engine light for a day until it came back on and then it was my cat i needed to replace. Mine was the Bank 2 sensor 2 which is the drivers side rear sensor.
there are 4 o2 sensors in total, Bank 1 is passenger side, bank 2 is drivers side, and both sides have a front and rear sensor. So my code was 22, bank 2, sensor 2.
When your under the car you can see both rear sensors, they are only about 2ft apart, im not sure where the o2 sensors are before the CAT.

Heres a link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290127898290

it just has a picture of what you would be looking for under the car.

Hope this helps

Thanks dude so mine should be under passenger side. I think im having same problem i think i have to replace the cat on the same side as the bank 1 sensor. Did replacing cat and o2 solve your engine light problem? If its a clogged a bit isn't there a liquid you can use to unclog it?

As I recall emission parts such as catalytic converter is covered under warranty until 7 years/80k miles or something like that. Check your manual to be sure. And don't be putting any chemical to clean it because that will destroy it or do nothing at all.

It solved my engine light for a day until it came back on and then it was my cat i needed to replace. Mine was the Bank 2 sensor 2 which is the drivers side rear sensor.
there are 4 o2 sensors in total, Bank 1 is passenger side, bank 2 is drivers side, and both sides have a front and rear sensor. So my code was 22, bank 2, sensor 2.
When your under the car you can see both rear sensors, they are only about 2ft apart, im not sure where the o2 sensors are before the CAT.

Heres a link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290127898290

it just has a picture of what you would be looking for under the car.

Hope this helps

So would that part work for me or i would have to be a 02 sensor. What exactly is that thing....

So tets did replacing o2 sensor and replacing the cat converter help get rid of your CEL light?

Well my warranty on my CATS were up at 120,000 kms and i have 150k on my car now, so since there was nothing broke inside and it wasnt clogged i decided to wait to fix it and save some money. I couldnt stand looking at the engine light so i asked on here how to get the engine light off. Someone told me about those things that were in that link, it cost me 10 bucks and all you do is screw your o2 sensor into that part then screw that part into the hole where the o2 sensor goes. Waited about 80 kms for the comp to read it and bam, no engine light!

Members online

No members online now.
Back