'03 Airbag NOT 3-2

hotrod03lincolnlsV8

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got in my car this weekend and my ls greeted me with a 4-2 airbag lfc. Now if i look at the info Quick has posted i get-
B2441 42 18 Driver Side Crash Sensor Mounting Fault Go To Pinpoint Test N.
OR if i go look at the 2006 lfc chart over here, i get
B2296 42 Restraint System — Impact Sensor Fault (Front Impact Severity Sensor Circuit Fault) goto pinpoint test K.

Which one is correct for my 2003 w/side airbags? (I was thinking the info Quick posted was for genII but I wanted to confirm before i go tearing into harnesses.) I have not crawled around the car much yet....the weather is just getting tolerable to work outside again here in Michigan. I didnt think this sounded similar to the clock spring or the seat switch...though I could be wrong!

I have not hooked up the scanner yet to read the exact dtc, i just dont anyone to hit me and not have the srs function 100%.

Thanks guys!

Sounds like one of the bumper sensors by the descriptions; "Driver Side Crash Sensor Mounting Fault" and "Front Impact Severity Sensor Circuit Fault".

I was waiting for Quick to answer. I believe that his list is for gen I.

This is the only thing I have left to address on the car, everything will be taken care of soon....I just hate that damn blinking light!

After disconnecting the battery, and looking at the sensor mounted on the core support next to the hood latch. There was a lot of corrosion before i removed the connector....then unplugged the sensor and the pins were gone! gotta love salt in Michigan..so i installed a new sensor and the game show in my dash is much calmer.

Note to others- GEN 2 air bag light 4-2 code, check front sensor for salt damage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back