03 Lincoln LS v6 engine harness MESS!!

Angel12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well this is the situation been getting error codes since buying the car 1st the codes were both Cats bank 1 and bank 2 my mechanic replaced them while doing this job we ( me / mechanic) noticed the make shift job the previous owner did with the wiring job for the 02 sensors/cats ( all i can say is ELECTRICAL TAPE!!!) my buddy re soldered the wires and did a good job...well the engine light went away then boom again now the codes are the both 02 sensors! my buddy is pretty good a what he does He said he was gonna do diagnostics on the Computer and see what's going on. Everything checks out he says its the wiring harness needs to be replaced!! Well okay..So now I've been looking for the engine harness all over and all of them are in the States..Well i spoke to a lot of them and all check out some in Arizona,Texas and all other states. I'm wondering if some of the LVC members would do me a favor and check out the shops i have found. I know after talking to some of these vendors if i should them cash i could walk away with the part for way less. I'll be more than happy to compensate the individual that is willing to do this, due to this recession a lot of the parts shops are reducing there price. I've contacted some of my friends but most live in chicago or NY and no luck there.. I dunno up to you guys just a thought if not i will do it the hard way! lol losing my hair

Craigslist, ebay, or a seller on this site, find somebody parting one out.

Good luck man, it can be done. I'm replacing my cats and o2s in the next couple weeks (if the company ever ships them). I'm hoping that my CEL will go off and my car will stop overheating.

Yeah i spoke to some of the dealers most are asking 200-280 but shipping was like 100 guess ill just let them ship it here :( trying to reduce the $$ as loabour for this job aint gonna be cheap

What just stumbled upon this website listed all the wreckers in the states/canada and found one near me sweeet!!!!!! What What!!

Also does anyone know if it differs the Engine wiring harness of models to years i got an 03 V6 i know it has to match the v6 3.0 engine size but does it matter if i get an 05 wiring harness??

Man lol if only i had a v8 400 bucks for the whole assembly what!!! thats a steal can't believe u still have it..lol

First gen to Second gen won't cross. Should work inside the generations though it might take the deal to reset some codes when it gets confused from the mismatching VINs and modules.

Just might get lucky got a cousin out in New Castle, PA might be able to do me a favor woot woot ! hopefully

Just might get lucky got a cousin out in New Castle, PA might be able to do me a favor woot woot ! hopefully

Let us know how that works out for you, Im about 20 minutes for a large salvage yard in Ky that has tons of LS's.. Ill give them a call tomorrow for you and see what I can find out.

Yeah i left a message on my cousins cell phone i believe he just got married so things are probably a lil hectic for him so well see. That would so nice of you Gipp i appreciate please do, thank you. Have my fingers crossed ! -_-

hi,
I am looking fo the connector for the airpump on a 2002 v6 LS sport, the dealer says its not available from them but they could have it made, I think this company can make any connector and harness you need, and they are also supposed to be cheaper than than buying from the dealer.

Let me know and if you happen to come across an air pump and the connector, at a wrecking yard I am also looking for the air pump relay.... not sure which one it is...

I am located in montreal but shipping a harness to you should be pretty cheap.

First gen to Second gen won't cross. Should work inside the generations though it might take the deal to reset some codes when it gets confused from the mismatching VINs and modules.

so I'm finally getting around to taking care if this matter and want to re assure my self i have 03 v6 and im replacing my harness with o4 v6 harness only issues i should have are mismatching vin codes/modules ?

Your harness has a tear tag which gives the part number that matches your car. Before buying or paying for a harness ask the seller to give you the part number on their harness. Have your local dealer parts guy run the part number against your VIN. He can tell you if it matches. There are many harness versions and it is impopssible to visually recognize differences. I switched out a bad harness after much work with the help of a terrific auto electrician. He ended up checking impedance on virtually every wire, repairing corroded wire splices and repairing/replacing many connectors. This is not a job for the faint of heart but it is doable. The alternative for my 00 LS6 was a $7000 harness from Ford. My car is now problem free (fingers crossed).

Okay I've emailed the seller just waiting on his response then I'll call the local parts guy hear and pray that it will match. If not the hunt is on again

Okay.. So the harness isn't going to work I need to have an 03 harness to match. Found one but i have some questions??

The wires from the o2 senors to the wiring harness are what are shot does anyone know if there is a a part #number for just that not the whole harness or i have to replace the whole thing??

Does a whole engine harness come with the assembly all the way to the cats? I'll aks the seller but anyone's insight is appreciated.

anyone see at 2003 lincoln ls v6 sitting in a salvage yard waiting for me:)

Are you really certain that the harness needs to be replaced? The electrics guy I use in Ottawa believes that repairing the original harness is the best option in 99% of situations. Buying a used harness and installing it after pulling the original is an expensive and time consuming process. Until the used harness is installed you have no idea if it is any better than what you had in the car. You might be better off to find a good electrical tech and repair the harness if your only electrical problems are related to the O2 sensors or Cats. If the car is drivable bring it to Ottawa and I'll put you together with my guy.

Sold! I'm there just tell me when and where and I'll be on my way thanks I was looking for someone around here with that kind of expertise but since our car is american hard to find someone with some knowledge.

Members online

No members online now.
Back