1 reason to hate 4.10's

BlackMark8Li

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
so yea I found my only draw back with 4.10 gears, the car has NO top end at all. yea with o/d on I can still peg the speedo but honistly if you're racing you turn off the o/d and by the time you're in 3rd and at 6 grand you're only going like 110-115... and you have to shift which makes the car a dog and other cars to walk on by.

I might stay away from the 4.10's then as this is one thing I hate about them in my Mustang.

Try 3.90's; better than 3.73, not quite 4.10. Sounds like a pretty good compromise....

ONEBADMK8 said:
I rip 100% to 150 with my 4.10's with zero lag.

you also have like 300rwhp or something like that, I do also remember asking you a question about something and you talked about loosing steam with 4.10's at like 120.. I've been in several races that I am winning or the other guy is not gaining and the second I shift into o/d they pass. its not lagging but with o/d you loose power, it goes to less than 1:1

ONEBADMK8 said:
I sgift into od at 6800 also. The car does have a flat spot at 120ish but not like what your describing.

I'm not saying the car can't go faster.. I've been closer to 140 already with 4.10's... I am just saying when your racing and you shift into o/d it doesn't accelerate as much as in the other gears.. it takes less time to go from 50-100 than from 100-150. and I shifted at 6 grand into o/d.. maybe I should try for 6800 next time, see if that makes a differnce.

crash said:
You just need to add headers, and a cobra intake. Then get a tune.

already got headers on, I do need a tune but for now I have a chip

When are you going to the track, i'm interested in seeing what your Mark can do out there with the headers and gears.

95LSC32V said:
When are you going to the track, i'm interested in seeing what your Mark can do out there with the headers and gears.

I gotta fix a few things before I drive all the way into jersey to get to the track. I figure by the end of the summer or fall.. depending on when either englishtown or attico is open, if its only on weekends or if its all the time.

95LSC32V said:

Sounds like I have about the same mods as BlackMark8Li. 4.10's, Kooks headers, 2.5" exhaust, SCT flash. I'm expecting to run low 14's. I'll post number when I get them.

spray it! Hit the switch once in O/D and you will have no more complaints. Just be sure your tranny is up to the task.
:nxsmile

BlackIceLSC said:
spray it! Hit the switch once in O/D and you will have no more complaints. Just be sure your tranny is up to the task.
:nxsmile

I really should spray it but I wanted the car to get into the 13's on all motor. spraying is a cheap way out. I have a 92 dodge dynsty that would probally be faster than the mark if I sprayed it... not exactally something to brag about... I want a fast car all the time first.

Meh...my car doesn't seem to have any problems getting up to 135...have yet to run it higher than that...but here will be a day soon where I will get the chance.

Members online

Back