100,000 mile service!!!

rg200amp

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got 91,000 miles on my 2004 Lincoln LS.

I just got new tires and brakes. I do my oil every 3000 miles.

For my service I am going to do :

Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Trans fluid change, have them check the Coil packs.

Then after the winter, I will have the coolant changed.

Anything I am missing???
Should I add anything???

Also, anything else I should worry about trans or engine wise.
How is the Timing Chain, tensioner, and guide in this motor? Any reports of them having issues?

THANKS GUYS!!!

May be worthwhile to change the O 2 sensors. I usually wait til the computer tells me, but have read that they can decrease your mileage as they get old before they fail.

May be worthwhile to clean or replace the EGR.

Check all hoses and fittings. As I have discovered at almost 90K miles, the plastic coolant fittings may have cracks which lead to slow leaks, at first.

Your air filter may be due for replacement.

Maybe have the tranny fluid backflushed and replaced.

Might replace the differential fluid.

Change power steering fluid, change and bleed brake fluid, grease the caliper sliders etc. Lubricate hinges and locks etc. Use a graphite spray lube for locks.

Most of this and more is probably in the manual.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

May be worthwhile to change the O 2 sensors. I usually wait til the computer tells me, but have read that they can decrease your mileage as they get old before they fail.

May be worthwhile to clean or replace the EGR.

Check all hoses and fittings. As I have discovered at almost 90K miles, the plastic coolant fittings may have cracks which lead to slow leaks, at first.

Your air filter may be due for replacement.

Maybe have the tranny fluid backflushed and replaced.

Might replace the differential fluid.

Change power steering fluid, change and bleed brake fluid, grease the caliper sliders etc. Lubricate hinges and locks etc. Use a graphite spray lube for locks.

Most of this and more is probably in the manual.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Thanks.

I see people say the motor does not have a PCV valve. . .
How can this be? we have to have one. Is there anyway to clean it or replace it?

Should I replace the timing chain?

Anyone ever run SeaFoam through there vacuum line?

There is no PCV valve on the V8s.

Replacing the timing chains is unlike older small blocks. It's not something you do unless you absolutely have to...or if you have nothing better to do with your time.

There is no PCV valve on the V8s.

Replacing the timing chains is unlike older small blocks. It's not something you do unless you absolutely have to...or if you have nothing better to do with your time.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Do the V8s have something venting the crank case?

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Do the V8s have something venting the crank case?

Yes, they have a PCV system, but no PCV valve.
My understanding is that a PCV valve is used to prevent the crankcase from being ignited in the event of a backfire. There must be something about the design of the LS V8 that makes this not a concern?

Neat secret .... 100,000 miles mean nothing anymore. Just another bump on the odometer.

Normal maintenance is all you'll need to keep it up ... some parts may wear but I'm guessing this won't happen unit closer to 120,000 or so.

Members online

No members online now.
Back