100000 miles on my LS. Pictures.

HyeLifeLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Couple of days ago my LS hit 100 grand. I have owned this car for 2 and a half years now since 35000 miles, overall it's been a great car. Here are some pictures that I took today.

Enjoy.

DSC03345.JPG

DSC03352.JPG

DSC03353.JPG

DSC03354.JPG

aad.JPG

adfdsad.JPG

asc.JPG

asd.JPG

asdf.JPG

dfs.JPG

ef.JPG

ewe.JPG

ffaf.JPG

fsda.JPG

fvdf.JPG

wea.JPG

100k.JPG

100k 2.JPG

Wow you really drive that thing. I always thought you had one of the nicer LS's. Have you ever thought of Chrome B Pillars?

Thanks man, yea I kind of drive it a lot. I thought of the chrome pillars but I like the way the black pillars look with the dark black windows, so I am gonna leave em alone.

KD00LS said:
Wow you really drive that thing. I always thought you had one of the nicer LS's. Have you ever thought of Chrome B Pillars?

looks good!

(depending on how long you've had those rims on - you have't gone 100,000 yet.... guessing a few mile short every 100) ;)

I had them on since 80000, since January. Wouldn't it be few miles more every 100 miles, as the diameters of the wheels are bigger than the original ones were. Doesn't the speedo get the info from the transmission??

Quik LS said:
looks good!

(depending on how long you've had those rims on - you have't gone 100,000 yet.... guessing a few mile short every 100) ;)

I think you right.... I went to lower profile slow I'm missing.....

First Bought It.

Here is a picture of my car when I first bought it.

new..JPG

Hey Artur, nice pics. 100,000 miles damn I am going to have to catch up. You must have just washed that thing because it shines nice. My car is the complete opposite of yours dirtier than Jenna Jameson with this winter weather. Oh I installed that woodgrain kit and it looks real good, it gives the interior life. Hey have you ever thought about chrome exhaust tips or do you think that is not a good look for the LS? How much money have you put into your LS? Keep in touch John

I noticed in your pictures that your sun roof is lifted open from only that one side. Does your sun roof slide open the whole way also because I do not think that my sun roof can just lift up on that one side like yours?

Thanks John. I don't know about the chrome tips, I like the clean rear look that my car has now. I like the 03 and up exhausts but with 00-02 bumpers I do not like them that much to put them on.

So far I have spent:

$1600 on the stereo (shopped from the internet)
$180 grill
$120 clearing the front lights
$200 in 4 sets of fog lights (they start looking old in about 6 months)
$260 the HIDs
$150 in 6 pairs of blue bulbs for headlights and fog lights (they blow up once in a while)
$80 for clear bumper lights 1 year and a half ago
$350 for the tinted windows (retinted the front ones about 4 times for tickets)
$2200 rims and tires
$4700 in mechanical repairs (tranmission solenoids twice!, leak of ATF, shocks, engine light, clock spring, and some other stuff, yes it's been a BAD car!)
$300, had my front bumper repainted, had some scratches.

That's all that I can think of right now not included the service costs or replacing the brakes or tires.

jk52781 said:
Hey Artur, nice pics. 100,000 miles damn I am going to have to catch up. You must have just washed that thing because it shines nice. My car is the complete opposite of yours dirtier than Jenna Jameson with this winter weather. Oh I installed that woodgrain kit and it looks real good, it gives the interior life. Hey have you ever thought about chrome exhaust tips or do you think that is not a good look for the LS? How much money have you put into your LS? Keep in touch John

What you mean by one side man? the rear part goes up like on all sunroofs, or you can open it all the way back.

jk52781 said:
I noticed in your pictures that your sun roof is lifted open from only that one side. Does your sun roof slide open the whole way also because I do not think that my sun roof can just lift up on that one side like yours?

Looks great! I have 80K on my car and it's still running great. I think the LS gets better looking as it ages. It has timeless lines which could make it a great car for years to come. I like how you have blended the colors and used the clear markers to clean the lines. Also, you don't see that color LS much which makes it rare.

Keep up the great work! :Beer

I really like your LS! It still looks clean at 100k. Maybe when the car finally sh*ts the bed, you can get another ls and just swap all the parts to the new ls.

Don't change a thing(unless you want to put a V8 in it). Unlike some people, you didn't go overboard changing the appearance.

Thanks man.

Yea the V8 would be a great idea.

LikeNew02 said:
I really like your LS! It still looks clean at 100k. Maybe when the car finally sh*ts the bed, you can get another ls and just swap all the parts to the new ls.

Don't change a thing(unless you want to put a V8 in it). Unlike some people, you didn't go overboard changing the appearance.

That is an awesome color on the LS, have never seen one in person like that. The chrome grille sets it off nicely.

Nice work, yours at 100K looks better than mine at 80k :).

I bought my "00 LS with chrome on the B-pillars and the rocker panels. I have the Base LS with the chrome inserts in the bumpers. I have the chrome "LS" and "LINCOLN" licence plates covers. Would the all chrome grill look too much?

BTW, LOVE your car!!!!!!!!!!! :)

HyeLifeLS said:
I thought of the chrome pillars but I like the way the black pillars look with the dark black windows, so I am gonna leave em alone.

I agree, the black B-Pillars with tinted windows gives it a really well put together look. Nice solid black front to back...

Nice car! I've got an '01 v-6 with 125,000 on it. Midnight Gray Metallic. Tinting the windows is the next upgrade.

The chrome grill is always good, but maybe you could try the 03-05 stock grill instead if you don't want too much chrome, or the 04-06 LSE grill, but you have to get it color matched to your car.

pbslmo said:
I bought my "00 LS with chrome on the B-pillars and the rocker panels. I have the Base LS with the chrome inserts in the bumpers. I have the chrome "LS" and "LINCOLN" licence plates covers. Would the all chrome grill look too much?

BTW, LOVE your car!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks

Damn 125,000 miles?? That's a lot...

mharrison said:
I agree, the black B-Pillars with tinted windows gives it a really well put together look. Nice solid black front to back...

Nice car! I've got an '01 v-6 with 125,000 on it. Midnight Gray Metallic. Tinting the windows is the next upgrade.

It's only 11 1/2 months away at the rate you're adding miles to yours!

Heh..heh... so far, I haven't had any major problems, although I'm just waiting for the ingenious hydraulic fan to go out! Oh, I do need to replace one rear wheel bearing. It's starting to make just a little noise....

HyeLifeLS said:
Damn 125,000 miles?? That's a lot...

Members online

No members online now.
Back