100k check

BBoyd

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am coming close to the 100k mile mark and there are a lot of little problems happening to my 2000 V8. I am thinking about taking it to the dealer and getting a 100k check. Does anyone know what the 100k check comes with and if it is recommended?

Any thoughts?

Initial thoughts?? You're going to pay out the arse for a dealership check up at 100K.

What all is happening with your car?

I'd just look in the manual if you got it and look at the chart at what should be done and what not every few miles and go from there. It would be pretty costly going to the dealer because they would give you what you should have done and than probably try and get more out of your pockets by telling what else they "recommend."

Fastbird said:
What all is happening with your car?

The fan will come on randomly, and then the temperature gauge fluctuates to the high mark and the car goes into reduced power mode, but the car is not actually overheating. Usually I pull over and shut the car off for a min and when I turn it back on the gauge has gone back to normal, the fan has stopped, and it operates like normal. I also smell something burning everytime I drive the car. I smell it inside the cab and around the outside of the car. Seems like a temperature sensor is going bad or something.

Also, the front passenger side window has come out of alignment.

The car has about 94k miles on it so i'm kind of expecting these little things to start going wrong.

Members online

No members online now.
Back