18 vs 20

xdsub40

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have an ls lowered on eibach springs with 18 inch wheels? Ive searched for pics and i cant find any. I want to know if 18's look too small.
Plus how is the ride like and do you scrape at all. Im looking at getting 18's because im scared 20 would be too big when dropped. The rims are exactly the same with a +40 offset so its just the choice of 18 vs 20. thanks for the help

I think for these cars 18's are better suited.....20 can fit though with the right offset.

You would most likely have to roll the fenders though and not have a lot of people in the car and drive carefully.

I love the factory ride and i dont really want to worry too much about pit holes or speed bumps. I've had my share of lowered vehicles so i know there are some sacrifices but i just dont want to expect scraping on every bump in the road

Look up DJKNOWLEDGE.. I know he has a thread about being lowered on his 20 inch Sentas..

Like said, all depends on offset..

Will a +40 offset be good enough for 20's without sacrificing alot of ride quality? If not i'll go with 18's (remember im lowering my car with eibachs)

Dont be.. lol

You have to go to the advanced search and go to the user part, click on threads started by user.. Like the 5-6 one down the list.. ;)

18s:

Img_0308-1.jpg

19s:

IMG_0489.jpg

I have the Eibachs pro-kit. Got 1.75" drop. Sitting on 19's. Never have any rubbing issues.

LS 249.jpg

When lowered, you MUST creep over speed bumps. Otherwise, the impact of the top of the speed bump with the undercarriage of your car (after the front wheels drop down over the speed bump) is NOT nice to hear.

19's definitly give the look im looking for and if no rubbing noises then i know what im getting, thanks for the pics guys. that really helped alot

19's definitly give the look im looking for and if no rubbing noises then i know what im getting, thanks for the pics guys. that really helped alot

I'm lowered on Eibachs with 20's(sentas) and the car looks awesome and drives fine, but def go with 19's they're the optimal size IMO

When lowered, you MUST creep over speed bumps. Otherwise, the impact of the top of the speed bump with the undercarriage of your car (after the front wheels drop down over the speed bump) is NOT nice to hear.

Actually, the best way to go over a speed bump is in an angle. One wheel at a time. I have owned several lowered vehicles over the years. It is the BEST way to go over speed bumps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back