1995 Mark VIII for sale

gbalas

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This by far the nicest and cleanest mark I've ever seen. Only 67k miles! Unfortunately I have to say good bye to this beauty. All service is current and there is absolutely nothing on the car that does not work. Air suspension is in perfect condition. I had the car checked at Chapman Lincoln in Phoenix by my buddy who works there and it passed with flying colors. Emeil me with any questions you may have. Price $ 8,000 OBO.

IMAG0045.JPG

IMAG0048.JPG

IMAG0046.JPG

IMAG0043.JPG

IMAG0050.JPG

IMAG0051.JPG

IMAG0055.JPG

IMAG0052.JPG

IMAG0058.JPG

:W to :V Hate to see you selling the Mark VIII, 8,000 is a little high for a 95, hope you get it.

Super nice, even clear headlamps. If it had a Sunroof I would consider it... Good luck.

I'll admit it's a little high, but with a perfect carfax, low miles and perfect condition... It's a rare, rare car.

Well, if it is not worth 8g's to you, don't buy it. If the seller feels the car is worth that much to him, then that is his business. If, in the future, the car doesn't sell, the price will soften a bit.

Let the man conduct his own business until/if he asks for pricing advice.

nobodyspecial said:
Well, if it is not worth 8g's to you, don't buy it. If the seller feels the car is worth that much to him, then that is his business. If, in the future, the car doesn't sell, the price will soften a bit.

I agree slightly.But to ask that $ here is a little crazy.We all know about them.Come down on your price a little to make it more realistic.98's with 50k go for less then 8K

nobodyspecial said:

He posted here on LVC and people here are honest in their opinions about cars, all JC was doing was stating his opinion. I myself don't think it is worth 8,000 but that is my opinion. $5,000 is a more realistic price for that Mark VIII. I just checked with www.nadaguides.com and the highest value for the car was $6,400.

pepperman said:
He posted here on LVC and people here are honest in their opinions about cars, all JC was doing was stating his opinion. I myself don't think it is worth 8,000 but that is my opinion. $5,000 is a more realistic price for that Mark VIII.

My mistake, I must have missed the part where the seller wanted people with no interest in buying the car to shout out that, to them, it was not worth that much. To make anyone who it might be worth that much money feel foolish and not pursue it. The car is worth what someone will buy it for. Not what your or I feel it is worth.

Yeah, of course everyone has an opinion on what they think it might be worth, but it is inappropriate to voice it in this thread without the sellers consent. If you cannot see that, then, sadly, there is nothing that can be said to change your mind.

I wonder how the people above, the self-proclaimed 'experts' in pricing would feel if the situation were reversed and a vehicle they were trying to sell was cut down as being too much money, that a possible sale was lost because of it. BTW, the dealer asking price around me would be more than he is asking for such a low mileage M8.

In my opinion it shows an immense amount of disrespect to cut him up on his asking price. If you really wanted to help him out, why not PM him? Of course, you don't get a higher post count or to 'appear' more knowledgable that other people if you don't post it publically.

It is not a rhetorical question, why not send him a private message explaining that you feel the price is too high instead of slapping up a bunch of :eek: :eek: :eek: ?

That does not help anyone.

nobodyspecial said:
My mistake, I must have missed the part where the seller wanted people with no interest in buying the car to shout out that, to them, it was not worth that much. To make anyone who it might be worth that much money feel foolish and not pursue it. The car is worth what someone will buy it for. Not what your or I feel it is worth.

Yeah, of course everyone has an opinion on what they think it might be worth, but it is inappropriate to voice it in this thread without the sellers consent. If you cannot see that, then, sadly, there is nothing that can be said to change your mind.

I wonder how the people above, the self-proclaimed 'experts' in pricing would feel if the situation were reversed and a vehicle they were trying to sell was cut down as being too much money, that a possible sale was lost because of it. BTW, the dealer asking price around me would be more than he is asking for such a low mileage M8.

In my opinion it shows an immense amount of disrespect to cut him up on his asking price. If you really wanted to help him out, why not PM him? Of course, you don't get a higher post count or to 'appear' more knowledgable that other people if you don't post it publically.

It is not a rhetorical question, why not send him a private message explaining that you feel the price is too high instead of slapping up a bunch of :eek: :eek: :eek: ?

I was not showing any disrespect to anyone and i was not cutting him up on his asking price. I do not need anyone's consent to voice my opinion and where do you see a bunch of :eek: :eek: :eek: in any of my posts in this thread, except this post.

Id buy it but i am sinking all my money into my town car. The car is clean and i hope he gets everything he is asking for.

I am absolutely OK with everybody's oppinion on the price. In the last two months however, a dealership in Scottsdale AZ sold two Mark VIII's, one a 95 with 82,000 miles for $8,200 + TTL, and a 96 with 47,000 miles for 9,800 + TTL. Both vehicles had a shelf life of under a week. Also, at this point I have a dealership that offered me $6000 cash for it (without having to buy a diferent car from them) just because their wait list for Mark VIII in excellent condition is 12 people long. Obviously there is a market for this vehicle. It is posted here because this is an exclussive "Lincoln affictionado" place and somehow I'll feel better if someone from this comunity will buy it.

I wished that i could buy it, but my finances are real tight right now. Good luck and i do hope you get what you are asking for it.:cool:

pepperman said:
I wished that i could buy it, but my finances are real tight right now. Good luck and i do hope you get what you are asking for it.:cool:
Thank you :)

nobodyspecial said:

look's like you are the only one bitchin'.... all I did was voice my opinion on the price and nothing more. the :eek: :eek: faces represent the shock of the price. if you like the price of the car so much why don't you buy it? I was not disrespecting the seller in any way.

This is a public message board, not a private ad and responses are allowed. The car is worth no more than $4500 IMO in the real world. If you can get $6000 from a dealer go for it considering trade in value is less than $3000 and retail in excellent condition is $5100.

And just for an example, this 97 is a few hundred miles from you:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=1998&max_price=&cardist=299

nobodyspecial said:

scott9050 said:
This is a public message board, not a private ad and responses are allowed. The car is worth no more than $4500 IMO in the real world. If you can get $6000 from a dealer go for it considering trade in value is less than $3000 and retail in excellent condition is $5100.

And just for an example, this 97 is a few hundred miles from you:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=&end_year=1998&max_price=&cardist=299

Call the number in the ad and try to get a price for the car. The answer that I've got was " Yes, the price is $4777 plus recon and freight and Tax Title LIcence" when I asked how much recon and freight are the answer was " about $1000 for recon and 699 for freight". So much for $4777, huh?

gbalas said:
Call the number in the ad and try to get a price for the car. The answer that I've got was " Yes, the price is $4777 plus recon and freight and Tax Title LIcence" when I asked how much recon and freight are the answer was " about $1000 for recon and 699 for freight". So much for $4777, huh?

Who in the hell cares about "freight"? If I buy a car I go to pick it up, and it in no way, shape or form affects the price of the car. I used to buy and sell cars for a living. And what in the hell is recon? Reconditioning? Why would a car that is listed as like new need reconditioning? It's all dealer games. I recently passed on a 80K mile 97 up the street that sold for $3500. Again, if a dealer is stupid enough to give you more than book then go for it, that kind of opportunity does not happen often.
Lastly, I am not bashing you, you can ask $50,000 if you want to for the car, after all it is yours.

Mark VIII's go for quite a bit more out on the west coast / southwest. dealers here in vegas seem to ask about $5,500 for a fair codition mark VIII. I might be selling my 95 soon if I can get what I want outa it. Good luck on selling yours! Remember, if someone wants it bad enough they will pay! there is always a buyer for everything it seems.

turborich said:
Mark VIII's go for quite a bit more out on the west coast / southwest. dealers here in vegas seem to ask about $5,500 for a fair codition mark VIII. I might be selling my 95 soon if I can get what I want outa it. Good luck on selling yours! Remember, if someone wants it bad enough they will pay! there is always a buyer for everything it seems.
The only reason they sell for more money is because the people selling them think they have a RARE car in good condition with low miles and they convince some poor soul who doesn't know any better that they are getting a steal on the car. BUYER BEWARE.... If you want a nice Mark VIII you don't have to spend a fortune.

JC1994 said:
:eek: :eek: 8000.00????? no way is it even close to being worth that..... no matter how nice it is.
WOW, this guy just dont stop! everytime someone post a car for sale it seems that he becomes jealous if the seller gets their asking price! Dude chill out! A CLEAN MARK IS WORTH GOOD MONEY ON THE WEST COAST. I wont say what I really want to.

Nice mark VIII you have for sell, good luck!

Members online

Back