300 hp northstar engine
chrome alloy wheels
bose stereo system with 12 CD stacker
lether int.
electric sun roof
spoiler on trunk
security system

http://spotauto.com/cgi-bin/vehicle_listing.cgi?vehicle_id=12039

i test drove it and it runs like brand new, what do you think is a good price........remember i live in alberta, canada

big spender

If you are talkin 12000 Canadian dollars then it was an excellent deal if american You got taken for a ride without the KY.

caddi boy said:
If you are talkin 12000 Canadian dollars then it was an excellent deal if american You got taken for a ride without the KY.

i didnt say i got it for 12000, it is listed for 19 900 at the top of the page.

i was asking what is a good price for it

Well, $13,500 or so is a good price for that US from a dealer. That color and all the extras boost it up a bit.

However, it is a 3rd party, and despite Canada's respectable reputation of price raising (;-)) $19k sounds just a tad high.

$20,000 is high.Even as nice as it is,its used,its 8 years old,and its got 123k miles.Mileage is getting up there.As well as age.And you don't know its background.I have seen far better deals.Id give him no more then 10,000 for it.Now if it was a 2000 with 75K miles then yea,$20,000 sounds good.But not for that one,no way.

KillerCTSV said:
$20,000 is high.Even as nice as it is,its used,its 8 years old,and its got 123k miles.Mileage is getting up there.As well as age.And you don't know its background.I have seen far better deals.Id give him no more then 10,000 for it.Now if it was a 2000 with 75K miles then yea,$20,000 sounds good.But not for that one,no way.

I just picked up a 97 ETC a couple weeks ago w/ 23,000 on it for $10,500.

Eldorado Touring Coupe said:
how do you know it is a 3rd party?

I know it's a third party because it's not you, and it's not a car dealer :give

Hey I paid $8500 US for a 98 ETC w/every option avilable on the 98 minus only the Z-rated option, oh and the car only had 68k miles on it. DO NOT PAY MUCH FOR THIS CAR IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

The reason being is that these Northstar engines have a KNOWN headgasket problem which can cost $2500-4500 US to just have fixed (cost depends on whether or not the main bolt holes are timeserted or not), or 5-8k for a new/reman engine to be put in. This is a huge expense considering the relative value of what you pay for, be careful. My advice ask to take the car in for a compression test and have the engine checked for a headgasket failure...

Members online

No members online now.
Back