2 Door luxury car like Mark VIIIs??

not a 2 door but great luxury pretty good performance (250 hp) a 2001-2003 olds aurora 4.0 v8 (northstar) but does not have the problems the cadillac has i know because my wife has one and it is an amazing car! with just under 110k still runs great. all leather int. (heated) moonroof woodgrain very comfy. you could pic one up in mint cond. for 7-9k

that is my wife's driver, and it is a great car-quick, quiet, handles great, comfortable too-good on gas, very much an underrated vehicle. the only downside is it is going the way of the Mark, and will soon be brutal to get parts for, you think there are specific parts for a Mark, that 4.0 was Oldsmobile only and as you know, that division is gone. I will probably let her drive it a little bit longer and get her something newer soon, and park it with the idea of saving it. It's worth it.

I don't understand why you would come on a mark viii forum without just asking what color 2nd gen MARK VIII he's getting. :D You can't beat them for price/quality. Soooooooo...what color does he want? I like black, but i'm prejudiced. :D

Got some good cars and will check them out but in all honesty non of them are as good as the Mark VIII in terms what they offer, well there is the AMG...lol
I wish there were more cars like the VIII and looks like GTO will be the next gen type of Mark VIII.

I drove a Benz AMG C class a couple months ago. It was a 2002 but I really couldnt tell ya what number it was. It had a couple features the Mark didnt have and a couple missing that the Mark did have. Car was a beautiful black on black and I could have snaged it for $10,000. I drove it and just didnt like it. I was uncomfertable, switch placement sucked, seat controlls sucked... just was not impressed. I realize the new ones are TONS better but I wouldnt have been as happy with that benz as I am with my Mark.

what was that two door sport coupe Lexus made around the same time Mark came out

The SC 300 and SC 400. (been mentioned already)

Nice looking cars, but less room and a bit slower. (stock for stock)

I didnt see BMW M3 listed or an older porsche if he likes to work on cars
if he likes wrong wheel drive then a volvo c70 might be his tasted
z3s are cheep too

I don't know how the M3 slipped my mind last night. If I couldn't have a Mark VIII, a 5 or 6spd E36 coupe would be in it's place.

I said the gto earlier but I also like the 928 porsche... s4 or gts but i really doubt you can get a gts under 9k

Am I the only one who doesn't like GTO's? The Mark VIII might be loosely based on a t-bird, but a GTO just looks like a Grand Am. Where's the refinement that a Flagship Lincoln car has? The only way i would drive anything other than a Mark VIII is if I find a Classic Luxocoupe for an unbeatable deal.

2 of my buddies had them and blew the rear ends out. I realize they're powerful, but he said luxury, and GTO is just a sporty, crappy, GM interior.

Here is a 2 door to consider... I've had this 96 SL 320 Roadster with hard and soft top aka: The Little Car lol :), for a couple years now, and I must say, it is a dream to own and drive. I have taken this car on 12 hour rides like The Mark, and I feel fresh after the drive just like when driving the Lincoln.

It is built like a tank, and weighs more than The Mark. It is very comfortable, and handles like it is on rails too. Not a car for people taller than 6'1-2 though. I am right around 6', and the seat is all the way back.

DSC01472.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

I am very happy with this car, and plan to keep it for a while as my DD to keep the miles off The Mark. Besides, How many 6 banger DD's can cruise along at 155 - 160 mph lol? :)

YouTube- SL 320

YouTube- Mercedes Benz SL-class R129 Development

Members online

No members online now.
Back